Home

Is USERing the D-Line Broken?

This is a discussion on Is USERing the D-Line Broken? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2019, 08:05 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Is USERing the D-Line Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjJunior
Once upon a time each button was a pass rush move and playing D line was challenging and rewarding. That aside, it sounds like you may want to go to practice and work on pass rushing moves. Just see what approaches cause what animations
I LOVED when there was different buttons for each move.
Square-Bullrush
O-Spin
Triangle-Swat
X-Swim Move

I use to go crazy with the old Giants DL of Umenyiora/Tuck/Strahan

Honestly, I'm usually really good with pass rush in Madden, and it's usually my favorite position to play with. When you finally get through and get a sack, it's so rewarding.

I've been slowly getting better with this, but I still really dislike this year's system of pass rush moves. What I still don't understand is when the pass rush button lights up, I hit it right away & still don't win the battle. I've been rushing with Lorenzo Carter in the Giants 3-4. He was only 71, I've progressed him to 76 and I got 10 sacks in 16 w/ him games, the 87 SPD and 90 ACC certainly help.

However I have a franchise w/ the Raiders using Clelin Ferrell in a 4-3 and he's garbage. He gets maybe 2 pressures a game lol.. 4.5 sacks in a season and 3 came from me playing w/ him. Gotten to the point where I'm considering trading for Clowney & switching to 3-4.

I'm wondering if the Power Rushers just aren't as good in this game bc it's harder for them to get away from the OL, they may win the battle but then get sucked back into another battle quickly. Whereas, you have a Speed Rusher with 85+ SPD or 85+ ACC and he can run away from OL, going at the QB easier. Just my observations so far. Also tuning CPU Pass Block to 40 helps, but I don't want to lower it anymore, I don't want the AI of my DL overpowering their O-Line all game. That would make it pretty unbalanced.

Last edited by NoFear; 08-31-2019 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:50 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-01-2019, 10:36 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Once upon a time each button was a pass rush move and playing D line was challenging and rewarding. That aside, it sounds like you may want to go to practice and work on pass rushing moves. Just see what approaches cause what animations
How are moves done in 20? I still have 17 where the buttons for each move are in place.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
I think the right joy stick should be used to control the pass rushing moves. Down would be a bull rush, right or left could be your rip move, a half turn right or left could be your spin move, and if you click the stick diagonally left or right then thats your swim move
Old 09-01-2019, 01:18 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
I think the right joy stick should be used to control the pass rushing moves. Down would be a bull rush, right or left could be your rip move, a half turn right or left could be your spin move, and if you click the stick diagonally left or right then thats your swim move
As long as I get control of which direction I’m spinning I’ll be happy. Too many times I have leverage to the outside and spin back inside to where the blocker is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #22
Rookie

Yha - can be frustrating
Old 09-02-2019, 01:11 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I’m a lifelong d-line user and finally switched to mlb out of frustration for the first time and had a blast. I made lots of mistakes but also made some big plays, I feel a lot more involved. I held Aaron Rodgers to 17 points in my first game so I’m feeling pretty confident
Old 09-02-2019, 06:30 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX.Leaguer
I got frustrated at first. I really think they made it easier with the patch. I couldn’t get any pressure before and now I get about .5-.75 sacks and a hurry or two a game with a 78 ovr speed rusher.

I really think it has a lot to do with ratings and not just the animations. They dropped block shedding on pass rushers a ton. Some elite pass rushers have 50 block shedding, while run stoppers are in the 70’s. I really think it should be flipped IMO, especially when runners get nerfed into the line and get stopped by the big guys. You’d think strength and block shedding would compliment each other.

Overall though I’m happy with the changes. I use speed rushers. Just like in real life, if those guys don’t win on first contact, they’re rarely going to get the sack. It was much more frustrating in previous years when that same 78 ovr would have annual 20+ sack seasons.

As for hurries, I’m digging the new pressure inaccuracies of the quarterbacks. It adds to the game in the trenches. Seems like years past it was hit or miss. Mostly miss on affecting the QB.

I’ve also been using matt10’s sliders. You might try them out and see if it gets you more of what you’re looking for.
I'm the opposite. I could actually get sacks at first but now, it's basically impossible. It's not that the chances have gone down. I simply cannot get a single sack. I have to blitz and my MLB gets the sack. My DE just don't get close to the QB.

It's very frustrating.

I've given up on playing D. I'm not good enough in space to user a LB or DB. It's probably the most disappointing thing in this Madden over the last week or so.

Last edited by ajra21; 09-02-2019 at 06:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »