Home

What's Improved and What Still Needs Improvement in Madden 20

This is a discussion on What's Improved and What Still Needs Improvement in Madden 20 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2019, 06:54 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
The game has a lot of glitches and bugs in it
Old 08-28-2019, 07:43 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: What's Improved and What Still Needs Improvement in Madden 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Definitely a fun game, but they need to clean some things up for sure.
  1. Less hitsticks & more penalty for mistiming a hitstick. There is currently a greater chance of getting a hitstick to land than getting a conservative tackle to land because of the suction that happens with hitsticks.
  2. Player contract demands in CFM re-signing isn't consistent with the suggested offers. Players always want more salary than what is offered. Doesn't seem to be any wiggle room any more. If you don't hit the thresholds for salary or bonus they refuse. You can't give them extra bonus/extra years in exchange for less salary. If you don't meet their threshold there's no true negotiation.
  3. As has been mentioned, CPU playcalling and time management towards the end of 2nd & 4th quarters is awful.
  4. Scenario engine doesn't seem to make much difference. Who cares if my player loses 5 morale or gains +100 xp? Those are such small things that it has no effect on my franchise.
  5. Playcalling bug that was introduced in the last patch where we have to select the play twice is really getting old.
Fun game for sure, but needs to be cleaned up some more.
I'm feeling that "hit stick" point, I agree instead of that stupid, "Bro-hug freeze" pose, they make your player do when the hit stick is ineffective against the ball carrier. I think implementing a risk/reward system makes sense. And it should toggle with difficulty, with All Madden being somewhere like 20 reward(great hit, possible fumble and/or offensive injury) 80 percent risk(unsportsmanlike penalty with a small chance of defensive injury).

As far the contracts they should literally just copy the concept that 2k football had. The screen would be presented what the player "wanted" when you negotiate, there were options to front load, back load, even it out, increase signing bonus...etc...all while having a player "interest" level being there and actively going up or down based the changes you making. So you knew if you were close or we're about be told to "kick rocks" before you submitted the "counter offer".
Old 08-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

rfas, 5th year, contract versatility, play creator (mix 2k5 play choice ie front with stunt or not, lb, dbs and hc09), weekly training like 2k5, assistant/position coaches/coordinators (like hco6/09), formation subs in all formations, custom playbooks not being gliched like they are on special teams, dressing 43 or is it 46 now plus 3rd qb?, challenging any play. i had a 3rd and 10 their receiver dropped it and it was announced as a drop, next thing they are 1st and 10!!, full coach mode i dont want to kick or hold rb down on every play etc etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 14

Yep agree, that lack of a choice to perform, stunt, twist is definitely something I miss. Also, maybe I'm missing something or doing it wrong,.. sometimes I just want to shift my line left or right not the whole front seven. I literally just did a d-line spread (was playing Lamar and try to keep him contain in the pocket and/or up the middle to my lbs) and somehow this meant to spread the d-line but send everyone back 10 yards. Again maybe there something I'm doing wrong, I'm selecting L1..) but as someone posted earlier if they gave an option for a walkup maybe I would have some time to rectify this...but as soon as I try....."Hike!"
Old 08-28-2019, 10:25 PM   #37
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
  • CPU still refuses to call timeouts late in games to set up winning scores.
  • Hook zone defenders are slow to attack and stay with responsibilities.
  • Zone defenders playing underneath often refuse to defend bullet passes and at times actually crouch down to get out of the way.
  • Hurry up offense is ....well too hurried up.
  • After the last update, the camera is staying pulled back for about 3 seconds after making a pre-snap adjustment.

Clean this up and M20 will be hands down the best edition I've ever played and it's not even close.

Are you saying that in every game you have played, the CPU refuses to call timeouts when it needs to? no matter team you play against? I have seen the exact opposite.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:30 PM   #38
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Having to select a play twice for it to take affect was fixed via 1.11 as far as I can tell.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:42 AM   #39
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Low-mid 80s has typically always been the ceiling for rookies (and freshmen in NCAA); they can hypothetically develop into the 90s by the end of the season and into the mid & high-90s by the end of year two. Granted certain skills really shouldn’t be like that (you’ve either got sick moves or you don’t - Barry Sanders, Christian McCaffrey, etc.) but I don’t have much problem with it.

I understand what you're saying, but in 3 1/2 years nobody has developed beyond an 84. I'm not only talking about their ratings right when they get drafted. Nobody is developing those stats.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:55 PM   #40
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Good write up.

Although it does blow my mind that with the 31st iteration of game we are saying things like:
"Madden continues to make strides in having man coverage become a more viable option to use on defense"
or
"elite quarterbacks also display more accuracy this year, so you’ll see a lot more errant throws come out of the hands of lesser quarterbacks."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »