Home

Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

This is a discussion on Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2019, 10:40 AM   #57
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Is Madden 20 the best Madden ever ?

M20 is the first Madden I got through more than 2 full seasons in a single franchise (I made it 5 seasons and have now started 2 more - one of which is already in year 2). This is the most important measuring stick to me....

The current version of the game is playing better than any other patched version of the game on All Pro default with 10 min/no acc clock and MM Injuries at 40. (I'd still argue the OOTB un-patched version is a little bit better).

I've found the franchise mode to be fun and engaging - schemes and player archetypes have a huge impact in-game and you can really deep-dive into mixing and matching personnel - which I love. X-factors/Superstars have added an injection of challenge (which was sorely needed). Player development and draft classes are well-done when combined with the new ratings stretch.

I'm fully aware that the game has issues and that other versions of Madden (notably M16) may do some things a bit better. But total package, M20 is the best version of the game FOR ME.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:54 AM   #58
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
M20 is the first Madden I got through more than 2 full seasons in a single franchise (I made it 5 seasons and have now started 2 more - one of which is already in year 2). This is the most important measuring stick to me....

The current version of the game is playing better than any other patched version of the game on All Pro default with 10 min/no acc clock and MM Injuries at 40. (I'd still argue the OOTB un-patched version is a little bit better).

I've found the franchise mode to be fun and engaging - schemes and player archetypes have a huge impact in-game and you can really deep-dive into mixing and matching personnel - which I love. X-factors/Superstars have added an injection of challenge (which was sorely needed). Player development and draft classes are well-done when combined with the new ratings stretch.

I'm fully aware that the game has issues and that other versions of Madden (notably M16) may do some things a bit better. But total package, M20 is the best version of the game FOR ME.
Agree with this, Josh.

The user vs cpu experience is a good FOR ME.

Online and others, YMMV.

I love trying to think how I will approach Harrison Smith, Everson Griffin and that Viking defense while trying to defend Thielen on the other side of the ball. There are more strategic challenges in the user vs cpu experience utilizing xfactors.
Old 12-30-2019, 01:07 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 0

This is the first madden I haven’t traded in after a month of launch. Everyday I play this game and every time it’s still a great experience.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:03 PM   #60
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Nah I don't think so. It might be 4th or 5th on my list. I still put Madden 05, 08, 12, 16, & 19 ahead of 20. After months of playing 20, I just can't anymore personally, I think the gameplay is terrible. I think 20 has a few cool new features, nice graphics, & I understand why ppl enjoy it for them. Any player weight that was there is gone & every player feels the same imo. Hopefully Madden 21 will be the standard with the new systems coming, but I doubt it.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 12-30-2019 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 03:56 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 2

I think that there are aspects of the game where 20 might be the best, but other aspects it just falls short. I’ll say most of those pros and cons are mentioned in the posts that come before mine, so I will rehash them in too much detail.

This is the first Madden where I did not get through a single season of User Vs CPU franchise. The whole mode just felt flat. I liked the ideas of scenarios and player abilities, but I never found proper balance. Most new features felt gimmicky and the storylines, if you will, were just not well thought out.

I felt like aspects of the gameplay played better than ever before. I loved the graphics.

I think that my overall take is that on paper, it seemed like a step in the right direction. However, when the controller met my hand, the game just wasn’t that great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2019, 05:15 PM   #62
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

the AI for me is the main issue I can't like 20. I might be a little wrong, but the A.I. has gotten worse the last few years. That's a no no for football. Fun factor, 20 is fun, but I still gotto back to my Madden 05 and probably madden 08 on my ps2 for my most love. In my honest opinion, those 2 games play better than 20. Minus the animations of course. you need to have a smart game to be fun, and the glitches are an issue too that ruins immersion. Arguably, many sports titles have suffered the same fate by this gen.

If you can get a hold of Madden 08 on the ps2 or old xbox, you'' understand why so many people still go back to it.

My top 5 Madden list...

#1 Madden 08
#2 Madden 05
#3 Madden 10
#4 Madden 11
#5 Madden 25
Old 12-31-2019, 05:32 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 7

The game is ok in my honest opinion. Sometimes it's great, sometimes I'm like wtf really and that's from a perspective of playing the CPU on all-Madden all season long. It's the best Madden since maybe '16 but other than that, I still think it needs work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-31-2019, 06:05 AM   #64
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0

On PC, the game finally feels solid with the latest patch and Sabo’s mod. But I can’t really say it’s the best still. Honestly, I’m NEVER buying Madden early again. It took the entire real life regular season for this game to play well, what’s the point of buying it early at full price when I just ended up playing old Madden games up until now anyway...? But most aspects of the game are finally feeling up to par to actually get into my CFM after starting it back up this weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »