Home

Please reinstate CPU runners' SPECIAL MOVES

This is a discussion on Please reinstate CPU runners' SPECIAL MOVES within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2019, 09:15 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Please reinstate CPU runners' SPECIAL MOVES

I know a number of people have mentioned this. But, after the last patch CPU runners do not seem to have ther special moves. This is a shame since it was so great before the patch. I remember one instance in which Zeke used his stop and cut move to get by not one but two of my guys. It was frustrating but it was also wonderul!

Hopefully, the developers will fix this soon. I just think we should try to communciate to them that we really hope they make this a priority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please reinstate CPU runners' SPECIAL MOVES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
I know a number of people have mentioned this. But, after the last patch CPU runners do not seem to have ther special moves. This is a shame since it was so great before the patch. I remember one instance in which Zeke used his stop and cut move to get by not one but two of my guys. It was frustrating but it was also wonderul!

Hopefully, the developers will fix this soon. I just think we should try to communciate to them that we really hope they make this a priority.
Diddio that...I had to delete game reinstall without patch. At first I thought it was going to be a slider adjustment...I had tackling as low as zero fumbles too but the cpu ballcarriers would just run directly into tacklers or turn body in a most unnatural way without foot movement very odd.
I’m an older guy I play a more simulation style...so I thought this didn’t bother those who play differently...I hope people here who put so much work into sliders ect and have a direct lane to developers can made their voice heard.
Because I really was enjoying Madden 20...
Old 08-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #3
Pro

Hopefully is enough people show they care abut this EA will fix it.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:05 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I was beginning to think it was a slider adjustment or setting that I changed that was causing AI runners to not do anything other than run.

The running game is atrocious now because I have to boost their run blocking slider high enough to create wide lanes so they can actually get positive yards.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:17 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I was beginning to think it was a slider adjustment or setting that I changed that was causing AI runners to not do anything other than run.

The running game is atrocious now because I have to boost their run blocking slider high enough to create wide lanes so they can actually get positive yards.
I didn't understand what folks were seeing when they brought this issue up, as the CPU backs were running against me like they were user-controlled in my world. For some reason, I received the patch, bringing my XBOX to version 100.16, late and I am now experiencing the toning down of CPU backs also. They are running to daylight and making good choices, but much easier to tackle in the open field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2019, 04:41 PM   #6
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

It's kind of a double edged sword. Now they run to daylight at least but easier to bring down on one on one situations. Before when they juked and what not, sometimes they would do that in the open field when they had space to run.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:30 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I didn't notice this right away now is a big changer hopefully they reinsert them back.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:19 PM   #8
MVP

is there a way to play on the release version? or you have to uninstall/reinstall the game? And if you do that, how do make the game not auto download the latest patch/tuner update?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »