Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.12 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.12 Available - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2019, 01:26 PM   #41
Rookie

Charizard's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: September Title Update

Still no kicking meter fix..... A complete broken aspect of the game still persists....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 01:28 PM   #42
MVP

Zone is definitely playing better post update. CPU did not attempt more than 1-2 hit sticks during the two quick games I was able to fit in this afternoon. The user can land them easily, and with almost anyone.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:30 PM   #43
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOU7GLO
Also, these patches and new additions show the game is released too early. All of the superstar abilities and X factors should’ve been included with the release of the game instead of being half baked in.

The release would coincide better with Week 1 to kick off the new season and also give the team more time to make a more polished product and build more hype for the real and virtual NFL season.
I have to imagine the dev team at Tiburon has no control over the release date - that's very likely mandated by the NFL and EA corporate - so they just add in the new features when they can post-launch. These new features very likely just weren't finished in June when the game went gold for boxed retail release, thus why we're only seeing them now.

In addition, we live in a reality now where the launch of a AAA video game is the worst state that game will ever exist in. Basically every major release these days has a content calendar and months if not years of post-release support now. For better or worse, AAA video games simply aren't "done" at launch anymore. That's not a Madden-exclusive thing, and Madden is certainly not exempt from it.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 09-03-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: words
Old 09-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #44
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard
Still no kicking meter fix..... A complete broken aspect of the game still persists....
Clint tweeted to check it after this update today.. or are you saying it's still broken?
Old 09-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #45
Pro

Curious to see how the zone coverage thing works. Pardon my skepticism but EA has the tendency to over correct things.

Guess we will have to wait for october for off ball injuries to be addressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 01:34 PM   #46
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charizard
Before you kick...choose sky (button Y on xbox controller) and then switch back to normal kick. Kick meter should appear...
Old 09-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #47
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOU7GLO
Also, these patches and new additions show the game is released too early. All of the superstar abilities and X factors should’ve been included with the release of the game instead of being half baked in.

The release would coincide better with Week 1 to kick off the new season and also give the team more time to make a more polished product and build more hype for the real and virtual NFL season.

I'm totally fine with them tuning and adding things like this at this point after release. I've already played for close to 150 hours since release so I would not be a fan of moving the release date back.

I'll also say that a later release doesn't prevent bugs. It just pushes back the timing of patches to fix whatever they didn't see when their studio tested it. You're going to find a lot more issues when the public is playing vs the in house testers. There's always been bugs at release, but the early release date allows for those to mostly get fixed up before the season starts and I think they've done a good job getting the game to a good place as the NFL begins.

I'm frustrated with where CFM is at and how it is treated, but that's a studio/EA preference issue and something that isn't going to change during this cycle. The game itself is a ton of fun and I think gameplay is in a great place, especially if today's hit stick fix works.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:39 PM   #48
Rookie

Charizard's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Clint tweeted to check it after this update today.. or are you saying it's still broken?
No I have not checked I just looked at the patch notes and saw that it was not in there

So I’m presuming the issue is still in there?

Can anyone confirm the kicking meter has been fixed? It should have been fixed well before now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »