Home

Madden 21 early wishlist

This is a discussion on Madden 21 early wishlist within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2019, 02:40 PM   #25
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 21 early wishlist

If they ever overhaul franchise... kill xp

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 02:07 AM   #26
Rookie

stanfordk1d's Arena

OVR: 1

-Bring create-a-face from “Qb1” into franchise!

-All new generic faces! We’ve had the current ones for far too long and let’s come right out and say it, they’re terrible! Played ncaa 14 recently and their generic faces are better than maddens today and there are more of them. Unacceptable!

-Add The ability to edit head/helmet size! There are so many complaints about these little pin head looking players. This would eliminate those complaints.

-Bring back the ability to edit players bodies and pad sizes. Unreal that we can’t do this now. The future is more customization people! You can edit pad size right now but the default is on zero so all you can do is make them bigger! Uh hello, they are too big as is! Lol

-Create-a-team! We’re able to do it in other games, why not madden?? People have been begging for this for a long time! It’s time to bring it back. NBA 2k has a pretty good version of this, take example madden!
Old 09-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Be able to start from the week after the superbowl of the previous season.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #28
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

1 - random timeouts used - not every game should go into the last 3 minutes with both teams having all 3 TO's.

2 - 4pm ET games on the West Coast don't start at 4pm local time, they start at 1pm local time (LA, Oakland, Seattle, SF, etc). The lighting should reflect this.

3 - Monster punts - a 7 MPH wind shouldn't add 20 yards to a punt.

4 - I love the X-Factor idea, just tone down the hit stick and the fumbles. I recently completed a season where my team fumbled 17 times - the next team had 6 and I think my D recovered 6 (Titans - no big hitter). I did get better later in the year avoiding fumbles so I'll see how next season goes.

5 - Great QBs aren't always great - take Aaron Rodgers in the season opener 18/30 203 and a TD. They put up 10 points. Of course Trubisky was worse.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:24 AM   #29
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Incorporate HC09 into CFM.

Realistically:

1.) Coaching Carousel. I don't care if they're fake assistants. But seriously, if they could figure it all out for Head Coaches 06 and 09, they can add real assistants to Madden. Tie schemes and playbooks to coaches. Matt Nagy locks in the Chicago offensive playbook as the HC, but if he hires a new DC then they get his defensive playbook and scheme. Additionally, coaches should bring certain skills related to player development. While we're at it, they should probably just overhaul the points/skills system for coaches, too.

As a secondary note, they should make the schemes matter (and give us more). Stat bonuses when you have a certain % of scheme fit and actually call plays that fit within your scheme.

2.) A better news feed with more prominent placement. It all goes into more immersion. Presentation has improved, but not by nearly enough. This is a start and honestly it shouldn't be that difficult. It also ties into an expanded scenario engine. Pat Mahomes chasing the single season passing yards record in week 15? I should hear about it. Defensive superstar holding out for a contract extension? I wanna know. 1st round quarterback struggling and getting benched? Tell me here.

3.) Better draft logic. I see too many QB needy teams pass on the top guys till the 3rd or 4th rounds still. They need to tweak how the computer reacts to custom draft classes. Usually every player ends up with a 1st round grade and is ranked #0 in talent. This should tie in with a better scouting system. I abhor the one we have now, have since day one. I think it's the second-worst system they've ever had (next to whichever one they had on the older gen where regular season scouting had you scouting traits that had nothing to do with whatever position the player was).

Pretty much: the revamp of CFM we've been dreaming of for 5-6 years or more. Schemes were nice, but they ended up being window dressing. Custom draft classes were great, but the CPU AI doesn't really know how to handle them. Superstar X-Factors are wonderful, but we need more than that to bring life to CFM.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
2 - 4pm ET games on the West Coast don't start at 4pm local time, they start at 1pm local time (LA, Oakland, Seattle, SF, etc). The lighting should reflect this.
I think afternoon lighting looks a bit better this year, but there's still no good way to replicate a sunny, early-season game on the West Coast.

I'd like to see the conditions from this 49ers-Lions game from last September replicated in-game:

MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 09-06-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:12 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Coaching carousel with coordinators and position coaches if possible but at the very least have offensive, defensive and special teams coordinators. And make it where retired players become available to be hired as coaches like in the PS2/original Xbox versions of Madden.

More position choices for Face of the Franchise other than QB.

Add at least 3 to 5 years of draft choices to CFM instead of just 2.

Current trades be reflected in both online and offline CFM.

Offseason rule changes ala NBA 2K’s MyLeague
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 03:52 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNT
Offseason rule changes ala NBA 2K’s MyLeague
If this was ever implemented in Madden, I'd love for it to include the ability to revert back to old rules, such as having kickoffs from the 30 yard line and PAT attempts from the 2. This would be a nice touch of immersion for classic roster use, in particular.

I have my doubts that the NFL would approve of this, though, considering most of the kickoff changes have been made for player safety reasons.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »