Home

I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

This is a discussion on I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2019, 09:41 AM   #25
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

I am really having a blast with Madden 20.

After the incredibly frustrating patch cycle of 19 which literally made the game unplayable for me till March of 2019, the incredibly robotic and uninspired 18, I am playing the crap out of 20.

I am already in year 2 of my franchise.

Are there things that need to be improved? Always.

But the core reasons I am loving the game are:

Gameplay is as smooth as it has ever been. Passing, running is the best I can ever remember.

X-Factor/Superstar abilities have finally made player ratings truly matter and gameplanning and adjustments are now firmly a part of the gameplay/franchise experience.

Is the scenario engine a let down? Oh yeah. It was poorly implemented and has practically disappeared from my franchise already.

Really big let down considering how much hype it got pre release.

Presentation is very subpar. Another area that really needs a massive upgrade. I have zero feeling I am playing an NFL game with the whole generic EA Sports crap. Authentic Network presentation is a must already.

The play by play and color is all recycled and lousy inside franchise mode.

Draft presentation is awful. The NFL draft is a massive event. They even removed the Adam Schefter storylines in 19 and I am still miffed as to why.

So yeah.....having fun no doubt. And IMO the best playing Madden on the field ever. So far the game updates have improved the game and it still needs some tuning (off ball injuries and CPU RB Jukes need to return as something shut them off on an update) but overall a lot of fun and I am head deep into my Dolphins rebuild.

A lot more good than bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

I’ve yet to start my season but what is this scenario engine everyone is talking about? Franchise thing?
Old 09-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Hey Coach, how are we supposed to tell those guys got suctioned into blocks from stills?

This is exactly the sort of exaggeration that someone else was talking about. M20 has by far the least suction of any game in the series.

I was not online to upload the clip, and I didn’t think about using my phone and uploading to YT. So that’s my mistake.

However, it’s not hard to see. #58 is in clear position to make a tackle and gets sucked into that sort of “player shed” animation to a guy that he had no intention of interacting with.

#27 is clearly in pursuit of the ball and in position to make a tackle, then in the last picture he’s engaged with a blocker that wasn’t in his path to begin with.

It’s not hard to see. I didn’t know I was poking such a nerve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #28
Rookie

This game is terrible, and how 98% of you seem to be able to enjoy it is beyond me.....

From terrible interactions between player models, to attrocious blocking logic at times, to terrible coverages, added in with attrocious play by the WR/DB's when they reach the end of their routes, i mean i could literally go for days. Hell the franchise mode is basically not even touched (minus those little text stories, that are a joke)

I tried to enjoy this game when it came out, but my god.... its just bad.... And im disappointed that i wasted my money. Even more so that i wasted it and have no other option.
Old 09-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #29
Rookie

Its the same response from people every year lol. If your enjoying it then good for u but this game isnt anything special to me and pretty much the same bs ea has been selling for a while now. Every year folks say “smoother, step in the right direction, most fun i had with madden in years” then when 21 comes out your going to see “last year was meh but this year a step in the right direction” lol
Old 09-06-2019, 08:11 PM   #30
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Agreed.

Still flawed? Yes. But it’s the best one yet to me. And I’m having a blast with it.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #31
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Hey Coach, how are we supposed to tell those guys got suctioned into blocks from stills?

This is exactly the sort of exaggeration that someone else was talking about. M20 has by far the least suction of any game in the series.

And......,

Honestly you can slow down ANY sports game and find things wrong with the A.I. But it’s a video game.

Personally I enjoy it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 08:11 PM   #32
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I can't wait for the next title update but I'm having a blast with the AB-less Raiders. It's been fun so far.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 09-10-2019 at 08:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »