Home

I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

This is a discussion on I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2019, 05:22 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I Confess : I am having fun with Madden 20. Are you?

I'm still enjoying the game, but holy crap, my pass defense is getting shredded even on all pro, and that's with using the Ravens as my CFM team. May have to adjust some sliders to make it easier on myself (currently using Armor and Swords, which play great otherwise) :P
Old 09-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #50
Rookie

Madden was a game I bought annually from like 96-2009. Bday gifts when I was younger to eventually being able to buy myself. I stopped playing the game ... I was tired of the same old stuff. Feels like I’m out of a time machine madden 20 is amazing hahahaha these aggressive possession RAC WR things are awesome ... the moves the animations are just wow hahaha again I haven’t played in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-16-2019, 02:53 PM   #51
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm enjoying it. It's far from perfect but it's not the unplayable lump of **** a number of folks on here make it out to be. I'm doing a London relocation franchise with the Dolphins and am just getting into the 2020 season. Excited to hit the field with my new pieces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 05:49 PM   #52
Rookie

It's pretty unplayable on All-Madden still.

Some things have been toned down but I still see user defenders completely unresponsive (frozen). Most often this happens in the corner of the end zone, when 3 or 4 defenders are no more than 3 ft in front of the defender, all staring at a bullet pass that goes between their helmets, and givess up a TD. Still seeing absolutely god awful coverage, starting to trace this out to "pick" routes where the slot wr basically shovels 2 or 3 defenders along with him in the first 10 yds (physically weird animations, etc) leaving the TE and outside wr wide open.

Meanwhile AI defenders are hyper aware and never seem to suffer from this. Why aren't non user controlled user defenders given the same AI?
Old 09-17-2019, 07:16 AM   #53
Rookie

I confess: i like the game very much. I play most of the time in a 32 user cfm on All Madden, Sim. And we use custom gameplay sliders. Right now it's the best football feeling i've ever had on my screen. Feels very realistic.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 9

I took 18 and 19 off, so this is my first Madden since 17. My first Madden was on the Sega Genesis.

I'm having fun, but there are some really annoying things that make me want to sell the game at times.
- CPU clock management
- QTE on defense
- Blocking AI
Among other items.

If they can address at least the easily fixable items like clock management and CPU special moves for RBs I may end up playing this past Thanksgiving. I'm coming to accept it for what it is for the most part. I've already played this more than M17.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:02 PM   #55
Pro

Sorta kinda. Playing defense is the least fun I've had in a while. Trying to scramble with any QB other than Cam or Lamar is like running in quick sand that's coated with flex seal on top.

With that said, it's less buggy than NBA 2K20, so it has been getting the majority of my gaming time, and I've had fun at many points in my experience. Just a lil too arcade-y most of the time. I'd rather the fun come from executing football concepts, but Madden's fun comes from not getting screwed over by the game. Like, my favorite moments have been when the game tried to hoe me and failed. That's uh... cool I guess. But yeah, game is either fun or bs. No in between.

Last edited by Kid OS; 09-17-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 06:31 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I call shenanigans on this.

For me it’s Madden. Not great, not terrible, and fun to play.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
No sure what you mean.

My first two weeks of the game were very fun. Then, stuff got weird. Fumbles at an insane rate, dropped catches have only been reduced to less than half a dozen per game by putting WR catching on 100.

User sacks went from standard rate to zero. Have to have CPU pass blocking on zero and even then, I probably don’t get past a OT in an entire game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »