Home

Official Madden NFL 20 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 20 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2019, 05:06 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Official Madden NFL 20 Roster Update For Week 1 Available Now

tried it on xbox with new rosters, offline cfm active roster. no practice squads, andrew luck is a fa .... complete waste of time trying to start a franchise, noone has a ps
Old 09-06-2019, 05:58 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

The issue with not being able to sign practice squad players in an online franchise starting week one does sort itself out in week two, but the guys you want will probably get picked up by the ai before you get a chance. Wanted to grab Tyree Jackson, but he was snapped up elsewhere.

An annoyance, but not a game killer in my opinion.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:33 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhughthom
The issue with not being able to sign practice squad players in an online franchise starting week one does sort itself out in week two, but the guys you want will probably get picked up by the ai before you get a chance. Wanted to grab Tyree Jackson, but he was snapped up elsewhere.

An annoyance, but not a game killer in my opinion.
Oh! I didn’t realize that. I didn’t advance to week 2, that’s embarrassing. It still is annoying, but I thought it would stay that way throughout the entire CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 07:18 AM   #52
Rookie

Did they remove the long snappers? Luke Rhodes of the Colts isn't in the 53 or free agent pool, despite signing a long term contract earlier this year and I'm pretty sure he wasn't cut.

Looking through the free agents, there are a lot of low OVR TEs I'm assuming are long snappers. The only one I know should be on a team is the Bill's Reid Ferguson, but LS isn't a position I'd be overly familiar with.

Not a big deal in gameplay terms, but a lot of us do like to keep an LS for immersion.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:30 AM   #53
Rookie

MasonOS95's Arena

Quote:
Did they remove the long snappers? Luke Rhodes of the Colts isn't in the 53 or free agent pool, despite signing a long term contract earlier this year and I'm pretty sure he wasn't cut.

Looking through the free agents, there are a lot of low OVR TEs I'm assuming are long snappers. The only one I know should be on a team is the Bill's Reid Ferguson, but LS isn't a position I'd be overly familiar with.

Not a big deal in gameplay terms, but a lot of us do like to keep an LS for immersion.
Should be a actual position IMO
Old 09-06-2019, 09:38 AM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonOS95
Should be a actual position IMO
I agree.

Maybe even have the ratings affect the snap on punts and field goals. If they could do it without it getting cheesy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #55
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
tried it on xbox with new rosters, offline cfm active roster. no practice squads, andrew luck is a fa .... complete waste of time trying to start a franchise, noone has a ps
Offline CFM on PS4 practice squads work fine for me , remember PS don't exist until the regular season

The Luck situation needs a workaround ( editing ) but that's always been the case when players retire or otherwise ( Ray Rice etc) for offline , removing him would take a patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #56
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:

Most teams have more than 53 active players as EA has no mechanic for players on a roster but not on IR ( ie PUP , SUS , NFI , DNR etc ) and a few players who are on IR aren't in the game ( pending injury settlement according to @equipment_guru )
Thus prior to week one teams need to cut a few players , the LS are often the players cut as they have miserable ratings by and large
They then fall into the FA pool , for which the TE pos has a hard limit of 25 players ( not inc. those on PS ) , and is heavily over populated
Thus many LS disappear as the regular season starts , this has happened every year since CFM began

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »