Home

Running game

This is a discussion on Running game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Running game

So I fully accept that I'm no where near a pro at this game, before the recent patch I could run for 100-200 yards and pass good enough to win a game but after the most recent patch I can't run to save my life. I've used Seattle, Houston, Minnesota, even Dallas. My most recent 3 games were all against the Lions and it was on all pro and with Dallas I got around 50-60 yards on nearly 20 rushes. My passing game took a hit but I've adjusted and sometimes I go from a strong game to throwing 3ints like it's nothing. I use the raiders offensive playbook every game, I run stretches, quick tosses, inside zone/hb blast plays and idk what I'm doing wrong. Also I can't seem to stop the pass. Every game the opponent's QB seems to throw 70% or better, the best CBs get beat in both man and zone plays. Any advice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Running game

I havent seen that much of an increase in running difficulty, butnid definitely welcome it. It SHOULD be hard IMO, especially to stay consistent.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-23-2019, 07:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Absolutely. I really do want a fair game play, but playing on all pro and watching any team I touch unable to break 1 big yard play in a game no matter the running back. I can't run inside zones with Zeke, no one can run a stretch, the CPU QB seems to never miss a throw no matter the coverage I'm not a pro but I've never been trash either
Old 10-23-2019, 08:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEnONLY1
Absolutely. I really do want a fair game play, but playing on all pro and watching any team I touch unable to break 1 big yard play in a game no matter the running back. I can't run inside zones with Zeke, no one can run a stretch, the CPU QB seems to never miss a throw no matter the coverage I'm not a pro but I've never been trash either
I’m seeing it on both sides of the ball. It’s a lot harder to move the football on the ground for both teams.
Old 10-24-2019, 02:35 AM   #5
MVP

Tackling definitely got a lot better. Even guys with Juke Box aren't getting the same results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 03:24 AM   #6
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

From the plays you describe, seems you're running outside a lot.

Pound it inside. In the NFL, that's where most runs go.

Watch for AI LBs anticipating the run. You'll see this when they attack forwards even if the play called for them to be in zone. If they're doing that, you'll need to loosen them up with some passes, and they're vulnerable to play action.
When they are attacking the run though, if you get past them, that's when you'll break the big ones.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Tackling definitely got a lot better. Even guys with Juke Box aren't getting the same results.
My issue with that is that if you don’t break at least on tackle with your halfback, most plays are under 5 yards unless the defense called the play absolutely wrong.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie71
From the plays you describe, seems you're running outside a lot.

Pound it inside. In the NFL, that's where most runs go.

Watch for AI LBs anticipating the run. You'll see this when they attack forwards even if the play called for them to be in zone. If they're doing that, you'll need to loosen them up with some passes, and they're vulnerable to play action.
When they are attacking the run though, if you get past them, that's when you'll break the big ones.
The classic example is a cover one where the outside linebackers are cheating up on the line. If you get past the mlb the only man you have to beat is the safety

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »