Home

Do custom playbooks work in franchise correctly in M20?

This is a discussion on Do custom playbooks work in franchise correctly in M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do custom playbooks work in franchise correctly in M20?

Hello All,

Before I spent too much energy in creating my custom playbooks, does anyone know if you can use a custom playbooks in franchise and also be able to do formation subs with a custom playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Do custom playbooks work in franchise correctly in M20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelalex24
Hello All,

Before I spent too much energy in creating my custom playbooks, does anyone know if you can use a custom playbooks in franchise and also be able to do formation subs with a custom playbook?
Yes you can use Custom Playbooks in franchise. Any formation found in your base book will allow for formation subs. Additional formations added in will most likely not work.. Clink link for more info.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...all-guide.html
Old 09-07-2019, 06:40 PM   #3
MVP

The good news is you can use formation subs in franchise,. The bad news is you can only formation sub for sets that are in the playbook you choose in my coach/schemes. Not the scheme, you have to actually have an offensive and defensive playbook selected in that screen and it only allows team specific playbooks. So, you can formation sub in any set that is in your custom playbook and the choosen team specific playbook.
Old 09-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
Rookie

Ah, okay. So, if I'm understanding correctly, if I base my custom playbook off Kansas City, and then have the Kansas City playbook selected under the coach screen, then any formations that are in my custom playbook from KC, I can do formation sub. Any plays that I added from other playbooks to my custom playbooks that are not in the KC playbook, I can't do formation sub.

Hopefully that was clear and hopefully I understood it.

Regardless, it gave me enough to proceed and give it a try.

And, thank you!
Old 09-08-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Ah, okay. So, if I'm understanding correctly, if I base my custom playbook off Kansas City, and then have the Kansas City playbook selected under the coach screen, then any formations that are in my custom playbook from KC, I can do formation sub. Any plays that I added from other playbooks to my custom playbooks that are not in the KC playbook, I can't do formation sub.

And, thank you!
Yes, but sets not plays. You can add plays from other books that are not in the KC book as long as the set is in the kc book subs will work in those plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:

And, thank you!
Formation subs are so easy to perform in game on offense that this doesn't make too much of a difference in my opinion.

You're usually only swapping out a RB or WR here and there which is quick enough to do. Formation subs on defense are more difficult since you tend to swap more players out from play to play.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

In cfm is there a way to assign a custom playbook for my opponent cpu as say guest1 or will i have to create another profile and make 2 seperate custom playbooks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »