Home

SLCB question

This is a discussion on SLCB question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2019, 05:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
SLCB question

Question on cornerbacks playing slot position. Do I want to move one of my two best quarterbacks from number one and number two to play slot or do I just want my number three cornerback to play the slot position. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 06:37 AM   #2
Pro

Re: SLCB question

I base my decisions game by game just depending on who the other teams slot reciever is. Depends on how good they are

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #3
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
I base my decisions game by game just depending on who the other teams slot reciever is. Depends on how good they are

I usually always play the same player in my slot corner spot usually based on which of my corners has the best combination of speed/acc/agi, man coverage, and tackling. If I need to make adjustments based on the other teams personnel at WR I can usually achieve that through the CB matchups in coaching adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
I usually always play the same player in my slot corner spot usually based on which of my corners has the best combination of speed/acc/agi, man coverage, and tackling. If I need to make adjustments based on the other teams personnel at WR I can usually achieve that through the CB matchups in coaching adjustments.

Same.

In my depth chart I normally have the best corner with the stats to play slot.

Then, like you said, I'll switch with the coaching adjustments game to game, if needed

Old 09-09-2019, 09:32 AM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
Same.

In my depth chart I normally have the best corner with the stats to play slot.

Then, like you said, I'll switch with the coaching adjustments game to game, if needed

Yup, my most common adjustments I make are if I'm facing a real burner like Tyreek Hill I'll usually match them up by speed, if I'm facing an elite route runner like Adam Thielen I'll usually match them by route running, and if I'm going against someone that uses big physical WRs I'll match them by height. Obviously these are just the adjustments I usually make, there are always scenarios that will call for a different alignment.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #6
MVP

I usually play a short guy at slot. Anybody under 5'11" is a slot cb and only trained up as such. I won't let them play outside. I don't know how much that matters in the game but it seems to work. These guys are usually athletically gifted coming into the league or they wouldn't make it at that height. The other thing to consider is defending the run out of 3 wr sets. I usually use sets where i have a safety subbed in or big nickel as the slot corner on 1st and 10 against 3 wr sets.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I usually play a short guy at slot. Anybody under 5'11" is a slot cb and only trained up as such. I won't let them play outside. I don't know how much that matters in the game but it seems to work. These guys are usually athletically gifted coming into the league or they wouldn't make it at that height. The other thing to consider is defending the run out of 3 wr sets. I usually use sets where i have a safety subbed in or big nickel as the slot corner on 1st and 10 against 3 wr sets.
That's the way I tend to do it to for my slot corners. Of course there are always special situations that require different adjustments like if I'm playing a team like Arizona and theh are running Larry Fitzgerald out of the slot then I may put a taller CB at the slot position. But generally you want your bigger body corners playing on the outside because that's usually where the bigger receivers are lined up.

Old 09-09-2019, 10:32 AM   #8
MVP

Short DBs can definitely get you burnt. It's not anywhere near as bad as 19, where height was almost as important as anything else, but it's still noticeable.

Trading away Mike Hilton (CB for PIT, 5'8") has become an annual tradition. He's got really solid ratings and can make plays underneath, but he's a huge liability when he has deep responsibility and I'm not willing to change my defense for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »