Home

Has franchise mode really taken a step forward?

This is a discussion on Has franchise mode really taken a step forward? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Has franchise mode really taken a step forward?

From some of the stuff I have been reading it seems like franchise mode has taken a step in the right direction. I haven't bought the game yet but am definitely considering it. All I will play is franchise mode and like it to be fairly realistic.

What are you guys seeing as far as franchise mode is concerned.

I am looking at this or 2k20, I am leaning Madden but need franchise mode to be playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Has franchise mode really taken a step forward?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMDDogs
From some of the stuff I have been reading it seems like franchise mode has taken a step in the right direction. I haven't bought the game yet but am definitely considering it. All I will play is franchise mode and like it to be fairly realistic.

What are you guys seeing as far as franchise mode is concerned.

I am looking at this or 2k20, I am leaning Madden but need franchise mode to be playable.
Franchise mode hasn't taken a step in any direction this year. It is the same as last year so if you liked it then and want more of the same that is what you will get. If you didn't play last year i would suggest renting it, turn it in and see if you desire to play it the next day.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
Pro

The same as last year

Which isnt necessarily a bad thing, because last year's was good. But nothing was added

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Thanks for the info. Is gameplay pretty realistic this year?
Old 09-10-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

It's been the typical "two steps forward, two steps backward" kind of year for franchise mode. Stuff like Hidden DEV is really cool and it was even expanded from where it was during the beta but we're well over a month into the game now and it still doesn't work correctly.

The Scenario engine was a complete disappointment and is little more than a gratification mechanic that does very little to add any kind of life to franchise. It doesn't work for the CPU. It's pretty much non-existent in owner mode. More scenarios are on the way later this month but it's unknown what they'll entail in terms of depth or impact.

The new contract stuff was a good move too but IMO adds more issues than it solves. It makes working around the cap tougher but also makes signing players during the season pretty much impossible for certain teams taking away one of the already limited in-season activities. The CPU also wasn't ready for a drastic change as well and will make terrible decisions routinely and just isn't capable of making smart of logical decisions before they need to be made.

Progression is more frequent and feels better than before IMO but I also think that removing players ability to drop DEV was a terrible decision.

The Pro Bowl is back but it's the Pro Bowl so it adds very little and nothing if you don't manage to get six wins during a season as you won't be eligible to actually play it.

Overall if you put it side-by-side with franchise mode from the past few years, it's not going to look much different than what you've played in the last several iterations. I wouldn't say it's taken a step forward and I wouldn't say it's taken a step backward rather than just continuing to tread in place as it has for the last few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2019, 06:21 PM   #6
Pro

No. Gameplay is better, thus CFM is better by default, but the mode itself is still just a series of play now games.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:20 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I was wondering why the heck I wasn't able to play the Pro Bowl. The first season I went 2 and 14 haha.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:14 PM   #8
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

LOL heck no. Absolutely not. Gameplay is fun. XFactors and Superstars are great and expanding them will be great for the game.

But has franchise taken a step forward? Absolutely not. 0%. Literally the same mode as every year. Scenarios do nothing. You get the same xp if you fail or succeed and they rarely occur. Outside of gameplay things like xfactors and superstars, franchise is 95% a carbon copy of Madden 19.

I enjoy this game, bought it day one, put in over 150 hours, played the beta, appreciate all of the gameplay improvements... but the effort put into franchise this year is laughable and that's not disputable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »