Home

Madden NFL 20 Welcomes the Most Players Ever Recorded For NFL Kickoff Weekend

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Welcomes the Most Players Ever Recorded For NFL Kickoff Weekend within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NHL 21 Realistic Sliders and Settings (Part One)
Madden 21 Next-Gen Breakdown and Chat - The Franchise Mode
NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Review - Setting the Standard On a New Console Once Again
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #1
Owner and News Editor

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 20 Welcomes the Most Players Ever Recorded For NFL Kickoff Weekend

Thanks to the launch of Madden NFL 20 Superstar KO and the global free trial over...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 Welcomes the Most Players Ever Recorded For NFL Kickoff Weekend

People still love their running qb's playing head to head.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #3
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 20 Welcomes the Most Players Ever Recorded For NFL Kickoff Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
People still love their running qb's playing head to head.
They are also the easiest folks to beat online. Run a QB Spy and QB contain, and you bottle up guys like Vick, forcing them to throw. Typically, those users don't know what to do next.

Interestingly, I have not used Vick a single time in superstar KO. I do grab Mahomes if I ever get a chance, but I've been getting Russel Wilson and Aaron Rodgers on my teams, if I go QB at all. A good rushing QB is helpful, though. I have had Deshaun Watson a few times, too.

But, man, you do need to get down and slide. Those QBs fumble all the time if you are trying to run them like a RB. That balances it out some.

But the numbers they listed in that article are pretty eye-popping. They ought to give a clue about why EA is taking their sports games in the direction they are. Those folks may not be posting here, but they own the game and are playing it in gigantic numbers.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Old 09-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
They are also the easiest folks to beat online. Run a QB Spy and QB contain, and you bottle up guys like Vick, forcing them to throw. Typically, those users don't know what to do next.

Interestingly, I have not used Vick a single time in superstar KO. I do grab Mahomes if I ever get a chance, but I've been getting Russel Wilson and Aaron Rodgers on my teams, if I go QB at all. A good rushing QB is helpful, though. I have had Deshaun Watson a few times, too.

But, man, you do need to get down and slide. Those QBs fumble all the time if you are trying to run them like a RB. That balances it out some.

But the numbers they listed in that article are pretty eye-popping. They ought to give a clue about why EA is taking their sports games in the direction they are. Those folks may not be posting here, but they own the game and are playing it in gigantic numbers.
The year over year numbers don't impress me much because it was free this year. Madden being free on opening week of football season is a great marketing strategy with the game being released early. That makes the excitement of America's most popular sport drive players to your game and creates an opportunity to sell it to those who have not tried it and get mut sells as well. Great strategy but comparing the number of players while free to last year when it was only people who bought the game playing doesn't mean a lot to me. It may lead to sales for them and if it does i am sure we will hear about it and if it doesn't it we will never see the data.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
The year over year numbers don't impress me much because it was free this year. Madden being free on opening week of football season is a great marketing strategy with the game being released early. That makes the excitement of America's most popular sport drive players to your game and creates an opportunity to sell it to those who have not tried it and get mut sells as well. Great strategy but comparing the number of players while free to last year when it was only people who bought the game playing doesn't mean a lot to me. It may lead to sales for them and if it does i am sure we will hear about it and if it doesn't it we will never see the data.
For me, it wasn't about how many were playing, but what they were playing.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
For me, it wasn't about how many were playing, but what they were playing.
What were they palying? Was franchise up 50% or down 150%? They don't really give us numbers on what modes were being played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »