Home

Realistic speed threshold

This is a discussion on Realistic speed threshold within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 09-15-2019, 11:44 AM   #25
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Realistic speed threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeye
The way I determined ~75 to be the most realistic threshold was to take a WR,TE, and OT and set their height to 6'2". I turned the OT into a HB and went to practice mode.With all 3 positions I would hand the ball off or throw it to them and then jog to the 40 yard line. Then I would pause for a second and Sprint to the endzone. I recorded usually 2 40's per position every time I tested a new threshold. I started trying to hand time the 40s but then I realized I could look at the timestamp on the recording to get it as accurate as possible. I usually gave myself a margin of error of like 0.1 or so.

At default 50 the 90 speed 90 acc WR would run a 3.8. The 80 speed 80 acc TE runs around a 4.2/4.3 and the 68 speed 79 acc OT a 5.6. At 75 it's more like 4.3, 4.5, and 5.0.

Going higher than 75 causes the OT to become faster in comparison to the WR geting slower. I was trying to get the WR around a 4.4/5 but the closer I got the OT was at like 4.8. I might try to look at it more but I'm pretty set on 74-76 as the sweet spot.

I ran a similar test after benchmarking avg 40 times of WR & OL positions (based on 10 yrs of draft data) to ratings (avg WR 40 time came out to exactly 90 spd so good job Madden devs on that one).

From there I timed different 40-yd runs across different thresholds.

I concluded 75-80 was the sweet spot for realistic speeds.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M20 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 12:25 PM   #26
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I wish they had a slider for QB vs Dline speed. Cam and Lamar are the only QB's worth rolling out with
EA nerfed QB speed behind the line of scrimmage except for the QB's that have the ability that makes them faster behind the line.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:35 PM   #27
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
EA nerfed QB speed behind the line of scrimmage except for the QB's that have the ability that makes them faster behind the line.
Which is dumb because ratings alone should dictate speed no matter where it is
Old 09-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
I wish they had a slider for QB vs Dline speed. Cam and Lamar are the only QB's worth rolling out with
What about Mahommes?
Old 09-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #29
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
Which is dumb because ratings alone should dictate speed no matter where it is
Yeah I think they may have nerfed the speed because the defense waits until they are past the line of scrimmage to respond to a scrambling QB.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Yeah I think they may have nerfed the speed because the defense waits until they are past the line of scrimmage to respond to a scrambling QB.
I had a feeling it was intentional smh. Luckily I'm on PC, so hopefully there'll be some gameplay modding to negate the issue.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
I actually had a ss playing a robber zone come up and sack the qb when he went to take off yesterday. That was impressive. On pro difficulty which i have been trying out to see if i can make it hard enough. It seems to play more realistic but it is too easy because seeing the whole field is not realistic. I may try it with my good eye to the dark and my blind eye to the sun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 04:31 PM   #32
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I actually had a ss playing a robber zone come up and sack the qb when he went to take off yesterday. That was impressive. On pro difficulty which i have been trying out to see if i can make it hard enough. It seems to play more realistic but it is too easy because seeing the whole field is not realistic. I may try it with my good eye to the dark and my blind eye to the sun.
Good to know. I thought I saw them do that before but it's so rare. There is a setting in frosty for a defender spying the QB to stop once the QB is up to 3 yards behind the line. Wonder if I can increase their likelihood to go after the QB when not spying.

Last edited by Landeye; 09-17-2019 at 04:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »