Home

Realistic speed threshold

This is a discussion on Realistic speed threshold within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2020, 09:26 AM   #49
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Realistic speed threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeye
I finally decided to test 0 threshold the same way I did 50-75 and I wish I had sooner. After setting up the test and watching the video I was surprised the WR with 90/90 SP/ACC ran a ~4.4 40yd dash. I tested a 81/81 TE and 68/79 OL and got ~4.7 and ~5.4. Encouraged by these results I looked at the fastest (CPU generated) player in my franchise and edited the WR to 95/97 and got ~4.2. I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but these speed and acceleration ratings came from looking at the average SP/ACC ratings of all the starting player(s) for those positions in a completely CPU generated roster. The average 40 times for these positions at the combine is 4.48 for WR, 4.7 for TE, and 5.32 for OT. I definitely recommend trying 0 threshold.
I agree with this. I was testing 0 threshold on rookie/pro/all pro with default sliders & everything looked great, actually felt tighter than it did earlier in the cycle with thres on 0. In the past yrs normally I would have to make slider adjustments to make things viable. So I'm not sure if EA tweaked something that we can't see with Frosty..... However my testing wasn't in-depth as yours.

Playing:
Old 01-07-2020, 09:32 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 21

Did you see a more wide open game with high scores and lots of breakaway plays?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I agree with this. I was testing 0 threshold on rookie/pro/all pro with default sliders & everything looked great, actually felt tighter than it did earlier in the cycle with thres on 0. In the past yrs normally I would have to make slider adjustments to make things viable. So I'm not sure if EA tweaked something that we can't see with Frosty..... However my testing wasn't in-depth as yours.
Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #51
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

Hey Capa

I haven't been able to get a good sample size yet. My worry is with guys like Tyreek Hill (burners) being able to throw the deep ball at will vs the CPU. Obviously, Hill can do this in real life, but as we know the AI doesn't really adjust like they would in real life. I can't speak on CPU vs CPU. I'll keep you posted as I go forward. I already limit myself on hot routes & I only audible out of a run to a pass & vice versa. 0 threshold has always been my go to. Overall foot planting & movement is the best on 0 threshold imo. I've been using 40-50 the past couple of months. I've been able to tame the spastic movement some what with other things, but you'll still get the fire cracker movements. EA seems to speed up the tackle animations at times, which I personally can't stand & breaks up the gameplay. That's why I miss different game speeds, it tamed down everything. Madden 20 would be on the top of my list if this feature wasn't removed.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 01-07-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #52
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa

Based on the 40 times I've checked 0 and 75 threshold are almost the same except at the extremes on both sides. When I was testing before and went over 75 to try to get the high speed guys slower the lineman would become too fast. Honestly 0 seems to be exactly what I was looking for. When it comes to passing I recently noticed in frosty there is actually a man coverage speed threshold also so that could explain a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »