Home

Realistic speed threshold

This is a discussion on Realistic speed threshold within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

OVR: 0
Realistic speed threshold

Looking to find the most realistic speed threshold setting for my CPU v CPU franchise. I was thinking about trying to go into practice and trying to get 40 yard dash times but I'm not sure how effective that will be since I'm pretty sure I can't control lineman to get a comparison of fast and slow players/positions. Has anyone looked into this themselves or have any ideas of the best way to go about figuring this out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 03:07 PM   #2
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Re: Realistic speed threshold

Good question .... my suspicion is that realism is somewhere above 75 , but if anybody has evidence I'm open to that
Old 09-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Good question .... my suspicion is that realism is somewhere above 75 , but if anybody has evidence I'm open to that
going higher makes the difference even lower.

the default is 50 which gives parity between higher and lower speed players, changing it to 0 would make the fastest players actually fast.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:24 PM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeye
Looking to find the most realistic speed threshold setting for my CPU v CPU franchise. I was thinking about trying to go into practice and trying to get 40 yard dash times but I'm not sure how effective that will be since I'm pretty sure I can't control lineman to get a comparison of fast and slow players/positions. Has anyone looked into this themselves or have any ideas of the best way to go about figuring this out?
Great question. I just always go off what feels & looks right, but I am interested in knowing others thoughts on the subject. I always felt that the Madden field dimensions are not an accurate representation of a real NFL field.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 09-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper

the default is 50 which gives parity between higher and lower speed players, changing it to 0 would make the fastest players actually fast.
Problem is when you go low that the slow players feel too slow. Lineman aren't able to get up to the linebackers to run block and other things just don't sync up correctly. I want to keep it as low as possible to still have good seperation but not so low that it causes issues. But the thing is you can pretty much make any threshold work with other changes in frosty but I'm trying to get it as close to real speeds as possible and then make adjustments once the proper threshold is set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2019, 05:05 PM   #6
MVP

Speed parity @ 50 is representing realistic speed differential quite well in my eyes. I have usually had to previously lower this value. This year, default feels just right to me.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #7
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper

True it makes the difference greater by going lower , but I suspect the differences are already exaggerated

People will always have differing opinions, but they are just that . . . Opinions

I'd be interested in anybody who has evidence , that holds water , that can demonstrate the most realistic setting

Last edited by briz1046; 09-11-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #8
Rookie

Landeye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
True it makes the difference greater by going lower , but I suspect the differences are already exaggerated

People will always have differing opinions, but they are just that . . . Opinions

I'd be interested in anybody who has evidence , that holds water , that can demonstrate the most realistic setting
I think the way to go about it would be to get the fastest player in the game and then gather the average speed/acc rating of offensive lineman. Have the fastest player's speed equal to running a 4.2. Then use combine 40 times to determine the appropriate average speed for offensive lineman. Glancing at combine times for lineman it looks to be around 5.10 or so but nfl.com is only showing the top 15 each year. The hard part is actually getting the in-game 40 times accurately to see if it's set right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »