Home

Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

This is a discussion on Madden isn't meant for offline anymore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2019, 01:16 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

The high completion percentages are a mirage. Do you not like the fact the AI checks down so much or are you just upset that the number isn't what you want it to be?
Old 09-12-2019, 03:46 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown5933
Man, I feel you.

I've played since I can remember - way, way back. Started with the Atari and 3 man football.

So, for me, all the Madden hate through the years was just crazy. I've almost always thought the game was decent to great. I'm very much into making sure I have realistic stats - QB's averaging around 65%ish completions, QB's averaging around 8ish yards an attempt, RB's averaging around 4 to 4.5 yards per carry, both user and CPU getting anywhere from 0-5ish sacks, depending on the teams, both CPU and user averaging 0-2 or very rarely 3 INT's, 120ish plays per game, decent number of penalties, etc.

I've always been able to use sliders to get these types of results fairly consistently. Not last year. I'd get a good game, but it seemed like I'd have 3 or 4 BS games in between the good ones.

This year, I've been pleasantly surprised. After seeing potential early, I went through a brief period of frustration but have since been getting good games for the most part. There's definitely still the occasional BS game, but not too often (for me).

There's still the game where the QB has 80% completions or a RB breaks off a huge run and his yards per carry is insane (or even the game where it seems predetermined for him to average nearly 10 yards a carry). There's even the occasionally start to the game where there's two sacks on the opening possession. But, these are semi-rare for me. I've also had games where the QB completion percentage is in the 50's, RB's yards per carry is in the 1.5-2.5 range, there is maybe one sack each, etc.

I use the Cowboys, on All Pro, with some slider adjustments. I'll post them later and hopefully they'll help give you better games.

OK, again... these are working pretty well for me. Yes, I definitely have a BS game still from time to time.

I have it set on All Pro, Simulation, 11 minute quarters, with minimum play clock at 20 seconds.

I don't remember what default is, but I have injuries at 10 with the fatigue and player speed parity both at 50.

I know there's long been debate about penalties and whether or not they affect other areas. But, right now I have offside, false start, offensive holding, illegal block in the back and defensive pass interference all set at 60. Facemask is at 50. All others are "on".

For players skill I have QB accuracy at 20, pass blocking at 53, run blocking at 1 (yes, 1 lol), fumbles at 60, interceptions at 45, tackling at 55 and punt and kickoff power at 45.

CPU skill has QB accuracy at 30, pass blocking at 62, run blocking at 60, interceptions at 45, tackling at 55, fg power at 55, fg accuracy at 60 and punt power at 45.

I use "coach suggestions" and pick plays from there.

Hope these help... they've been working well for me overall (again, with a bad game thrown in here and there).

Good luck.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #11
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Majority of this stuff doesn't apply to just offline. Franchise leagues have to deal with it, MUT deals with it in solo challenges and squad battles (or whatever they're called).

These are issues with the game, but every game has issues. I don't think this comes as a result of not caring about people that play one style over another and it definitely has nothing to do with offline vs online players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #12
Rookie

Giants4Life's Arena

I feel you and I am a 100% offline franchise player.

Yes, the game is designed for arcade online games but what kills me is the massive amount of franchise bugs, released as features mind you, that are broken and still not addressed yet in a patch. This is where Its obvious they just don’t care.

- import a draft class is basically unusable and a main feature last year
- draft board is broken and buggy and the reorder button hangs out the entire draft making the draft annoying
- Fog of war, new feature busted
- Editing players doesnt update immediately
- news and especially draft news is broken
- trade logic is terribly bad
- regression; thought to be fixed is just as bad and worse. Hit 30 and it’s over

I play a lot of games an no AAA game is this the worst buggy game I have every played, especially with its touted new features..Totally unacceptable.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
The high completion percentages are a mirage. Do you not like the fact the AI checks down so much or are you just upset that the number isn't what you want it to be?
It’s the effect of years of slideritis. No one really plays anymore. They snap the ball and expect the game to reward them for their smart play calling, no matter what they call. They play poorly, or play call poorly, and expect the game to reward still provide results they want.

I mean, not being able to stop the AI in first weeks of having the game is a good thing. That’s the challenge, the reason to work on getting better. Instead, the first response is always”adjust sliders.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
Get the PC version and download Sabo's mod. Your mind will be changed.
The most important post in this thread. If you are a solo CFM player, your ONLY option is the PC version. Has nothing to do with graphics, performance etc... (although those ARE better with the right rig).... but simply because of the wonderful mods that have been created.

There's a mod that overhauls all of the gameplay issues you mentioned (Sabo's mod).

There's a mod that changes player progression from Xp to controlled/random so no two franchises are ever alike (tdawgs mod)

There's mods for uniforms, stadiums, broadcasts (from EA Sports to CBS/FOX) etc...

Basically, console verison is unplayable and unfixable in regards to all of your concerns, but the PC version is not.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #15
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Yeah, I really don’t know why people like X factor abilities so much, but I’m guessing it’s mostly offline and non-CFM guys. All Madden really needed was spread ratings to make players feel different. We don’t need abilities that are already a part of the ratings system. The abilities that aren’t connected to a rating not already in the game are fine for the most part, but they didn’t need some of these that just overlap and amplify ratings already in the game. So glad I have the game on PC, a lot of modders are making this game right. There’s no way, I’d get this game if it wasn’t on PC still.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by TheGentlemanGhost; 09-12-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #16
Rookie

I play cpu vs CPU, have been since '94.

Computer ai can't compete with us. We have "The God View" of the screen.

The fun is playing coach and allowing a more organic game play out. Simulation style

I gave up playing a cpu way back in the 90s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »