Home

Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

This is a discussion on Madden isn't meant for offline anymore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2019, 01:57 PM   #17
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by timiville
I play cpu vs CPU, have been since '94.

Computer ai can't compete with us. We have "The God View" of the screen.

The fun is playing coach and allowing a more organic game play out. Simulation style

I gave up playing a cpu way back in the 90s.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Agreed, being able to see where the five eligible receivers are and all eleven defenders at the same time makes sim stats impossible without introducing a lot of non sim aspects to the game. I can't do the cpu vs cpu thing though as it would bore me to death. I just sim the majority of my games and only play 4 a year and play the moment in the playoffs but skip any moment when i have the lead. I just want players to play to their ratings which thjs year they do better than ever. I don't need stats ten years from now to match up with stats from last year. Last year they certainly didn't match what was happening ten years ago.
Most people don't even realize that players play more to their ratings than ever because superstar abilities and x factors over power that.
timhere1970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #18
MVP
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jan 2008
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Agreed, being able to see where the five eligible receivers are and all eleven defenders at the same time makes sim stats impossible without introducing a lot of non sim aspects to the game. I can't do the cpu vs cpu thing though as it would bore me to death. I just sim the majority of my games and only play 4 a year and play the moment in the playoffs but skip any moment when i have the lead. I just want players to play to their ratings which thjs year they do better than ever. I don't need stats ten years from now to match up with stats from last year. Last year they certainly didn't match what was happening ten years ago.
Most people don't even realize that players play more to their ratings than ever because superstar abilities and x factors over power that.

A better implementation of Superstar and Zone abilities would have been the NBA2K route of badges. NBA2K badgers aren't tied to development traits nor are they tied to forcing players to hit some known in game goal.
bucky60 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 02:53 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 31,812
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

So glad to be on PC. Most of these issues are gone simply because of the gameplay mods. Every Madden offliner should be on PC (assuming they can buy a basic gaming PC).
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:00 PM   #20
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

when i retired in dec i bought a pressie, a new pc. i now spend my days playing eq/lotro/ffxi/ war thunder/world of warships and m20. i play offline coach mode so i will have a peak at those mods thanks for the heads up. i play xbox one when i watching redzone or mnf/tnf. id prefer a bigger monitor for the xbox but she who must obeyed vetoed that idea i still play hc06 on the pc and bought a ps3 to play ncaa14/hc09. the future is bright if you retire
Ueauvan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #21
Shutdown D
 
DaReal Milticket's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,454
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So glad to be on PC. Most of these issues are gone simply because of the gameplay mods. Every Madden offliner should be on PC (assuming they can buy a basic gaming PC).
Honestly, anyone that plays a ton of Madden needs to get it on PC for offline. I know it not in everyone's budget, but there really missing out with the different mods & the ability to change the gameplay tailored to your wants. It's really a no brainer at this point. Modders are figuring out ways to manipulate things in Franchise even.

Last edited by DaReal Milticket; 09-12-2019 at 07:44 PM.
DaReal Milticket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2019, 07:52 PM   #22
MVP
 
CaseIH's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercord55
Madden is never going back to offline style play, waiting for that mythical day is like waiting for Metallica to release an album on cassette again (and I say that with sadness as Iím an offline only guy)

Unfortunately this is the route all the sports games are going, its not just Madden anymore. NBA2k has gotten bad about this, and MLBTS, who I personally never thought they would shaft the offline guys, started doing this a couple yrs ago, and they basically do nothing to improve their franchise mode, which is why I havent bought The Show for 2 yrs now, due to being frustrated. NBA2k, hypes of the offline each yr, then when you buy it, they same old glitches and issues are still there, and some of the new features dont work as they claimed.


Sadly for the true hardcore sports fans, who only care about offline Franchise modes in sports games, are getting screwed more and more each yr. This is the 1st yr I have bought Madden in several yrs, I think since 2014, and I will give them some credit, Im enjoying the game this yr, for the most part, but it may be more to me just not playing it in several yrs, so its seems fresh to me again. Not that I aint frustrated to find out some fo the same flaws, are still there after all these yrs, like poor clock management at end of games by the CPU, for one example. But all in all, Im having fun with the game.
__________________
Everyone who exalts themselves will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted- Luke14-11

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
CaseIH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 09:19 AM   #23
Pro
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
Get the PC version and download Sabo's mod. Your mind will be changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coop9889
The most important post in this thread. If you are a solo CFM player, your ONLY option is the PC version. Has nothing to do with graphics, performance etc... (although those ARE better with the right rig).... but simply because of the wonderful mods that have been created.

There's a mod that overhauls all of the gameplay issues you mentioned (Sabo's mod).

There's a mod that changes player progression from Xp to controlled/random so no two franchises are ever alike (tdawgs mod)

There's mods for uniforms, stadiums, broadcasts (from EA Sports to CBS/FOX) etc...

Basically, console verison is unplayable and unfixable in regards to all of your concerns, but the PC version is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Yeah, I really don’t know why people like X factor abilities so much, but I’m guessing it’s mostly offline and non-CFM guys. All Madden really needed was spread ratings to make players feel different. We don’t need abilities that are already a part of the ratings system. The abilities that aren’t connected to a rating not already in the game are fine for the most part, but they didn’t need some of these that just overlap and amplify ratings already in the game. So glad I have the game on PC, a lot of modders are making this game right. There’s no way, I’d get this game if it wasn’t on PC still.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So glad to be on PC. Most of these issues are gone simply because of the gameplay mods. Every Madden offliner should be on PC (assuming they can buy a basic gaming PC).
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Honestly, anyone that plays a ton of Madden needs to get it on PC for offline. I know it not in everyone's budget, but there really missing out with the different mods & the ability to change the gameplay tailored to your wants. It's really a no brainer at this point. Modders are figuring out ways to manipulate things in Franchise even.
The only video game I play is Madden with some 2k sprinkled in..

For the amount of time, energy and effort that I see the offline die hards in OS put in to the game it blows my mind they wont just skip the console version and invest in PC...

Every single thing we have complained about for years has been fixed in the PC version without placebo tactics or constant slideritis...

Click the link in my sig for the gameplay mod to see the list of issues I have fixed... you'll notice EVERY ONE of the complaints in this thread is listed
__________________
TWITTER - @Sabo_RevivalMod
DISCORD - discord.gg/SPwtbFD
GAMEPLAY MOD - Madden 20 Edition

Last edited by xSABOx; 09-13-2019 at 09:22 AM.
xSABOx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:58 AM   #24
MVP
 
Hammerhunker's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Where the Broncos and Rockies Roam
Posts: 2,301
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop9889
The most important post in this thread. If you are a solo CFM player, your ONLY option is the PC version. Has nothing to do with graphics, performance etc... (although those ARE better with the right rig).... but simply because of the wonderful mods that have been created.

There's a mod that overhauls all of the gameplay issues you mentioned (Sabo's mod).

There's a mod that changes player progression from Xp to controlled/random so no two franchises are ever alike (tdawgs mod)

There's mods for uniforms, stadiums, broadcasts (from EA Sports to CBS/FOX) etc...

Basically, console verison is unplayable and unfixable in regards to all of your concerns, but the PC version is not.
I really wish I hadn't read this post.

I have truly spoken my disgruntlement with my money having only buying 19 when it was on sale for $19.99 over the holidays, just to see for myself the status of the game. I still read the boards in hopes that maybe EA is listening to all customers except just those that play Madden as a game, not as a football simulation. Then I read this post and now I'm scheming how I can pull off getting a gaming machine for this game...much to my chagrin.

It is nice to know that there is still a faction of us out there that still enjoy and crave a Madden that is for the enjoyment of simulating this sport.

Last edited by Hammerhunker; 09-15-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Hammerhunker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.

Top -