Home

Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

This is a discussion on Madden isn't meant for offline anymore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #25
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden isn't meant for offline anymore

I actually wanted to get this on pc but cannot for the life of me get the controller I want to use to work with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #26
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
its pretty much all sports games not just madden.
Exactly.This goes for gaming in general and it's been this way for a long time.

APF2k8 was designed for online only.Shooting games like Call of Duty and Gears of War got more and more this way with each release with shorter single player campaigns.

The offline gamer has to take what he gets these days.Most of us are older gamers so it may be disheartening but there's no going back.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:03 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Exactly.This goes for gaming in general and it's been this way for a long time.

APF2k8 was designed for online only.Shooting games like Call of Duty and Gears of War got more and more this way with each release with shorter single player campaigns.

The offline gamer has to take what he gets these days.Most of us are older gamers so it may be disheartening but there's no going back.
I agree. The last 2 console generations games in general have been headed to online focus. You get some console exclusive AAA games that give you a deep campaign mode. But most games nowadays campaign modes are 3-4 hours with a heavy focus to online. I never been a online gamer. I miss the PS2/Xbox days before online became big. Thats when offline was the major focus. If certain games were remastered from that gen, I would buy in an instant. But last several years, I haven't bought games. Last game, I bought at full price was GTA 5 5 years ago. Non-Sports games I just Gamefly them. As a offline gamer, after I beat campaign mode once, I'm done with it so I'm not wasting $65. Only game I buy is 2k and last couple years I waited until it went on sale for $31.
I haven't wanted to buy Madden these past 2 generations. It has gotten better last 4 years where I would rent them for a long time. But, there still isn't enough for the offline gamer. CFM was made so offline and online could be worked on seamlessly. But CFM has been so shallow and simplified. Where if you are playing with friends, you can overlook a lot of things. Say what you want about 2k, but they at least put a heavy focus on MyLeague early in generation. They haven't update MyLeague much last 2-3 years, but the mode is so deep that there haven't been major complaints. It's not fun playing against CPU in Franchise. CPU has no strategy when it comes to playcalling and roster moves. It is so easy to advantage of CPU in franchise.

Which has me thinking about next gen. With more powerful hardware, it has me thinking about the possibilities of where Madden can go. Improved graphics, better AI, better game engine/animations, and more depth in modes. I just hope it isn't more of the same. I can see Madden(and others) trying to show power of new consoles by putting a heavy focus on graphics/visuals and neglecting everything else. I can care less about photo realistic games if it doesn't have good gameplay. I can still go back to APF time to time just because of how smooth gameplay is. From the Line interaction, pass motions/mechanics, matchup matters.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:24 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 6

Played few online h2h games last night.

Basically it was whoever has the ball last will win.

It’s not really football.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #29
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

It's not just Franchise. MUT has been greatly geared to push consumers into playing online. The Challenges were changed this year under the promoting of making solo challenges more tailored for consumers to play as they desire and get the rewards they want.

All it turned out to be is an even bigger grind, as far as time spent, and the rewards compared to online rewards are less than satisfactory, IMO.

It seems that new content added each week in MUT is designed to reduce the ability of consumers to play the auction house to make coins, thus increasing the reliance on extreme grinding to build a team, or spending money.

I guess, Thankfully first person shooters have focused more on cosmetic enhancements to sell, so a consumer has a fair chance in any game mode to be competitive, or at least feel they are competitive. Only Mut draft really has any sort of balance inherently in the game mode.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:26 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
its pretty much all sports games not just madden.
One of the major reasons I am selling my PS4 pro and have zero intentions of buying another console.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #31
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

I second the notion of getting a PC and signing up for Origin Premiere. Forget buying the retail game and pay 15 a month or 99 a year and playing the entire EA library of games rather than 65 for one... you don’t need much. A Ryzen 1600 and a RX 580 will play M20 at medium/high at 1080p res and that’s better than console. Don’t need 4K for Madden. Doesn’t change much visually. But once on PC you can download Frosty mod manager and Frosty editor and tailor the game to your liking. Updated gameplay with Sabos mod and updated fields and stadiums with Aholberts mod. To graphical improvements and a college recreation with 32 teams from bleedingred21. Sobos mod takes a little time to set up, and with a few updates from him to iron out a few things and the game will play like old school Madden. Not to mention there is also a franchise editor as well....so many reasons to sell your console and build a 500 dollar or less gaming rig monitor and mouse/keyboard included.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 01:53 AM   #32
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
There are a lot of really nice things going on, but the "gaming" of the game is just killing the enjoyment for me. It really does feel like the game is tuned with online in mind and tries all kinds of tricks to prevent cheese, which sadly nerfs user control to the point of not being fun, mainly when trying to play defense.
Given that this is the 3rd?/4th? year in a row where the Defensive Holding penalty has been removed (not just disabled or reduced for Competitive Mode, but completely removed), I sadly think you are right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »