Home

Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k

This is a discussion on Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #1
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon9 Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k

https://m.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/...6408477752267/

I enjoyed Madden 19, but looking at what other sports games offer every year it’s impossible not to be underwhelmed. Not only does this company improve the gameplay in their basketball title every edition they also add content to the offline modes that is almost unparalleled. NBA 2k also has many modes that can be played online if offline gaming isn’t your thing.

I’m just tired of the excuses why this can’t be added or we had to remove this feature to make this work. I’m fed up. Football is my favorite sport and in 2020 we are JUST getting semi realistic contracts while 2k has had front/back loaded deals, no trade clauses, bird rights and real salary rules for years. Just looking at what will be in 2k20 next year has me p*ssed off on how really far behind Madden is. I know I will probably get some backlash for this post, but I think it’s important that we stop giving excuses to EA on why little things that we have been asking for for years are not in the game.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Why can’t Madden make a game like NBA 2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman
https://m.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/...6408477752267/

I enjoyed Madden 19, but looking at what other sports games offer every year it’s impossible not to be underwhelmed. Not only does this company improve the gameplay in their basketball title every edition they also add content to the offline modes that is almost unparalleled. NBA 2k also has many modes that can be played online if offline gaming isn’t your thing.

I’m just tired of the excuses why this can’t be added or we had to remove this feature to make this work. I’m fed up. Football is my favorite sport and in 2020 we are JUST getting semi realistic contracts while 2k has had front/back loaded deals, no trade clauses, bird rights and real salary rules for years. Just looking at what will be in 2k20 next year has me p*ssed off on how really far behind Madden is. I know I will probably get some backlash for this post, but I think it’s important that we stop giving excuses to EA on why little things that we have been asking for for years are not in the game.
Completely agree 100% but like you said, get ready for the backlash & for this thread to get closed lol. You can attribute a lot of Madden's complacency to the people that constantly defend any EA does & talk down on you for expecting more from a company that's been making football games over 30 years...But I digress...
Old 07-29-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1

It's simple. MUT is too much of a money maker for EA to care about anything else.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

2k has a focus on offline gameplay and franchise type modes and the Madden team doesn’t. They could, if they wanted to, but it isn’t the direction they’ve chosen for the game. For a lot of people that’s fine, for a lot (like us) it isn’t, but there being no other real options besides text based Draft Day (which had plenty of its own problems but at least tried to fill the niche) we don’t have much choice.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
Rookie

Mack Attack 11's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex007
It's simple. MUT is too much of a money maker for EA to care about anything else.

Doesn't NBA2k have a similar feature where they rake in money. I don't play so don't know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 11:10 AM   #6
Rookie

uzileaux's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Completely agree 100% but like you said, get ready for the backlash & for this thread to get closed lol. You can attribute a lot of Madden's complacency to the people that constantly defend any EA does & talk down on you for expecting more from a company that's been making football games over 30 years...But I digress...
Hey man, give this multi billion dollar company some slack! /s

Last edited by uzileaux; 07-29-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:22 AM   #7
Rookie

Heisman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex007
I somewhat agree. NBA 2k has mycareer/myteam proam and a whole living park/neighborhood. They have modes that are completely designed to buy virtual currency, but they STILL add tremendous content for their offline modes.

In Madden we can’t even get all the way done career stats. In 2k this year you’ll be able to not only view league history for 80 YEARS!! but you can pull up a virtual player model when viewing a team history page. Are you kidding me??

Would be nice for Madden to start with adding a commissioner mode and make it easier to control all the teams instead of creating a different owner/coach every time. NBA 2k lets us change the rules season by season every offseason. We’re nowhere close to this level of content in Madden and it is very depressing. Just give us HALF of what 2k has and I bet the majority will be happy.
NHL - Los Angeles Kings
MLS - Los Angeles Galaxy
EPL - Newcastle United
Old 07-29-2019, 11:26 AM   #8
MVP

cthurt's Arena

I truly feel 2k is a game where the developers have endless creative freedom gameplay wise, but EA has stricter limitations when it comes to what they can and cant do. With EA its always we tried, or we wanted to, or we just couldn't get too this or that this year maybe next year. Terms like this show us the developers really aren't the ones in control more so the higher ups. But who knows EA has a bundle of sports games they make every year and 2k only has NBA maybe that also has something to do with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »