Home

Does the cpu weigh in devlopment traits when drafting/signing FAs?(Franchise question

This is a discussion on Does the cpu weigh in devlopment traits when drafting/signing FAs?(Franchise question within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Does the cpu weigh in devlopment traits when drafting/signing FAs?(Franchise question

Are they smart enough to try and get snaps for guys with higher dev traits. Or to not sign /draft someone if they have a superstar in the making already at that position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2019, 01:24 AM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Does the cpu weigh in devlopment traits when drafting/signing FAs?(Franchise ques

I've noticed it's based on overall mostly. But guys who have better dev traits progress pretty fast especially in their rookie year even if they don't play much.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2019, 02:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Does the cpu weigh in devlopment traits when drafting/signing FAs?(Franchise ques

Cpu is definitely aware of their value. I couldn't trade for a rookie 74 ovr with Xfactor for 2 first round picks and a decent player.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:55 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

The CPU is aware of their value, and will weigh it in trades, but it's not really capable of executing a multi-year plan and taking it into account when drafting or signing free agents.

For example, if the CPU sees 2 70 OVR players available, one at Normal dev, one at Star, it'll heavily favor the Star dev player. It would probably favor the 70 OVR Star over up to a 74 Normal, all other factors being equal.

But when drafting, if it has a 70 Star dev on the roster, and sees a 75 Normal available to draft, it'll draft and start that 75 Normal at the position. It's also not very capable of picking up a low OVR high development FA and putting them in depth chart positions that will develop them to eventually be a starter.

Like, something I'm sure we all do when we find a Star or better offensive lineman with a low OVR is grab them and put them in the depth chart as a swing backup at all 5 positions. After a year or two, they're ready to start. The CPU can't do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »