Home

User QB throwing straight to defender

This is a discussion on User QB throwing straight to defender within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2019, 10:10 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: User QB throwing straight to defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor17
This thing has me boiling, and it's happened more than once. But last night I was playing as the Bengals (on All Madden with Matt10's sliders). AJ Green ran a curl route, and Dalton was sitting in the pocket, not moving, perfect footwork, just bobbing up and down as QB's do in this game. So I bulltet the pass to Green, but, it goes 5 yards to the right of him, straight into the waiting linebacker's hands. Perfect footwork, but for some reason it was "innaccurate" and straigh into the lap of the defense. Rubbish.

Is this just All Madden BS?
Since Madden 19, it has been my experience that curls, sticks or pretty much any "stop" route in Madden may have a tendency to be off-target. However, if I time my throw, do not throw these routes too early, use medium pressure on the icon and hold the passing stick @ 6 O'clock, I've had very good success with these.

As for it being a product of All Madden? That, I cannot say. However, I am playing on All Pro with user QB accuracy @35 and WR catching @ 40 and am finding the results believable.

I would like to suggest that any time you feel there is an issue with an element of gameplay, I would put game settings on All Pro default and further test this. If the issue is still present, slider tweaking, perhaps leading to a severe case of slideritis, likely will not mitigate it. If the issue goes away upon default settings, then go ahead and gradually adjust your set.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:19 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Here's a compilation. The very first pass is Case Keenum overthrowing a flat route by 15 yards with the ball floating right to a defender who was guarding no one in the back of the end zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NInWLw2oCVo
No. That was a broken route by the WR, first, and still directionally correct.

Second, that is worst of "all-time" l. With brady, I get 2-3 forced picks due to throws like that PER GAME.

Finally, these forced pick throws are MUCH worse than any of the ones in that video. It would be comparable to throwing to that flat receiver, BUT the ball is picked by one of the safeties by the goal post.

I am fine with *bad* throws, but half the time they defy the laws of physics (coming out of the qb's hand the wrong direction, etc). What compounds my frustration on this is that it is cleary part of the programming because if you watch the replay, before the ball comes out the defender starts running toward where the errant pass is going to go (which also does not happen in real life). Its just bad gameplay.

I never see poor throws that hit the ground at the receivers feet, or are slightly out of reach, or poorly thrown but in a place it can't be picked off (which is a SUBSTANTIAL % of incomplete passes). These are also not challenging things to address.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:35 AM   #11
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

User QB throwing straight to defender

Quote:
Here's a compilation. The very first pass is Case Keenum overthrowing a flat route by 15 yards with the ball floating right to a defender who was guarding no one in the back of the end zone.

I watched the video about half-way. The person who put this compilation together doesn’t understand the difference between inaccurate and a botch — which I’ll loosely define as a critical mis-execution of the design of the play. A few of those were just the QB trying to throw the ball away as well?

First clip is a perfect example. This is a classic miscommunication of option concepts; this is not an inaccurate pass. The QB is throwing a fade and the #1 receiver is running underneath hitch. The receiver appears to make the correct read as the alignment reads off-man. The QB makes the wrong read and throws an anticipatory throw to the corner. The arch of the ball is a dead give-away as well. This is the only route in football that is thrown at that angle.

For what it’s worth, I don’t really care about the wild inaccurate throws because the game needs a way of simulating mis-execution such as the first clip. This video is just not a good example of qb inaccuracy though. You won’t find many clips of awful NFL throws that don’t have a contextual issue unrelated to the throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #12
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

None of those look like what happens in Madden 20.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #13
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

I think the accuracy in this game needs to be tweaked. I've noticed that throws are either right on the money or wildly off target. You don't see many that just barely miss the guy unless you're throwing deep and it's just out of their grasp. Not a whole lot in between.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #14
MVP

95 super bowl!
Old 09-18-2019, 04:08 PM   #15
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Yea that was a miscommunication not an off target throw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 04:21 PM   #16
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

They have deep accuracy nailed down imo, but short accuracy needs to be tweaked. Short throws arent missed by 5+ yards, by any QB, ever. They just arent, its too short of a throw to go that offline.

I wish we had accuracy sliders for each kind of throw but that wont happen with this current build, just way too many lines of code.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »