Home

User QB throwing straight to defender

This is a discussion on User QB throwing straight to defender within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2019, 04:32 PM   #17
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: User QB throwing straight to defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
They have deep accuracy nailed down imo, but short accuracy needs to be tweaked. Short throws arent missed by 5+ yards, by any QB, ever. They just arent, its too short of a throw to go that offline.

I wish we had accuracy sliders for each kind of throw but that wont happen with this current build, just way too many lines of code.
Are you talking in game or real life about short throws not missing? lol. Because McNabb used to throw short passes at the feet of his RBs lol but was better at deep throws because receivers had more time to adjust.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #18
Rookie

In the game this year, pass rush pressure can cause inaccurate throws. I think some D-Line men with the "fearmonger" ability can also cause inaccurate throws even if they don't get pressure. I have also seen regular inaccurate throws with no pressure, but I haven't found them go straight to a defender yet.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:26 AM   #19
Banned

Sports games have always, and probably will always, have trouble representing failure. Combine that with how many sports fans arm completely incapable of watching a game without bias ( you know, the guys always seeing missed calls that hurts their own team), and it exacerbated the issue. Folks jump quickly that the game screwed them, because they didn’t make a mistake.

And these are the sim guys, that want realistic results. But realistic results means the guy you control sometimes just not making the play. Sim guys supposedly crave those heartbreaking plays that mimic those same feelings we have on Sundays.

It’s one of the biggest conundrums facing devs. Gamers claim to want something, but continually lash out when they get it. Worse, sim gamers seem to not value being bad at something, but then learning and practicing to improve. The answer is always sliders.

What threads like this reveal are how many want their football games to be like other video games, where they play the hero and vanquish opponents, not fail to win and finish the season with a high draft pick. That’s not a bad thing, but it runs counter to so much of what the community claims it wants.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:59 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Sports games have always, and probably will always, have trouble representing failure. Combine that with how many sports fans arm completely incapable of watching a game without bias ( you know, the guys always seeing missed calls that hurts their own team), and it exacerbated the issue. Folks jump quickly that the game screwed them, because they didn’t make a mistake.

And these are the sim guys, that want realistic results. But realistic results means the guy you control sometimes just not making the play. Sim guys supposedly crave those heartbreaking plays that mimic those same feelings we have on Sundays.

It’s one of the biggest conundrums facing devs. Gamers claim to want something, but continually lash out when they get it. Worse, sim gamers seem to not value being bad at something, but then learning and practicing to improve. The answer is always sliders.

What threads like this reveal are how many want their football games to be like other video games, where they play the hero and vanquish opponents, not fail to win and finish the season with a high draft pick. That’s not a bad thing, but it runs counter to so much of what the community claims it wants.
"Realism" and "simulation" are almost always euphemisms for "easier". It's very transparent, and it's the biggest reason that responses to game play complaints in Madden-related online spaces will frequently devolve into "Git Gud" responses. People who were once trying to help you just quit in frustration.

If you're going to dig in your heels and refuse to consider the problem might be your roster, your game mode, your settings (sliders can make a lot of things worse, lengthening games almost necessitates their use), or your own ability then there's not much left but the game.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:19 PM   #21
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Currently QB completes over 70% of their passes with most of them being above 75% at the current state. Defenses are a joke and you guys are still complaining QB are too inaccurate?

Like someone said above, players make mistake, if i control a player i want his rating to determinate the outcome on many scenarios. We complained so bad that people used the fastest QB rather than Tom Brady since Accuracy means nothing. On madden 2016 EA listened and MOST competitive players complain that QB were miss throwing WR.

It's perfect? No, it's not. there should be more variable of overthrows. some over 5 yds others 7yds other 0.1yds, WR making attempts to catch the pass, WR rarely drop passes anymore (madden 2017 got this perfect, but again same scenario as QB overthrows). now, zone are even useless now since the only way to make an incomplete pass is by deflecting it, since WR catch EVERYTHING.

Anyways i'm going to another subject, but to the QB overthrowing their target. Like i said, 1st pass of this video is a perfect example of what we see in madden and we still complain saying that is not realistic.

How many times we read this " My QB is a starter, he had no pressure, he has his foot all setup and he missed a WR on a cross route at 7yds. this is not realistic, this does not happen ever in NFL".

Here you go. 1 single game highlights. Not a all time. All this bad throws happened in one single game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 06:19 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Sports games have always, and probably will always, have trouble representing failure. Combine that with how many sports fans arm completely incapable of watching a game without bias ( you know, the guys always seeing missed calls that hurts their own team), and it exacerbated the issue. Folks jump quickly that the game screwed them, because they didn’t make a mistake. ---------
Very interesting point. As a sim player, who does switch on defense and enjoys playing the game without any "house rule stuff", I look at it this way; The only way I can get a somewhat realistic experience against the CPU is to play on All Pro, while defeating user sliders by 150 points. I have a specific formula I've tested over the years in order to bring about a challenging experience from the CPU. However, there are some outcomes that don't animate in a natural way at times. Some of those are a result of my slider set, while others are apparent on default.

What I think would help all of us enjoy the game a bit more is to look past some of the poor animation outcomes that we do see present and ask ourselves: "Even though the animation is wonky, was the result of the play believable'? If so, accept it and move on to the next play.

I am not claiming this game is in any way shape or form perfect. There are still some gameplay issues that are flat out inexcusable. However, I agree with you that sometimes the animations are simply poorly designed, yet do result in believable outcomes.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:36 PM   #23
MVP

The animation library can only get so large before it starts to effect how well the game runs. Even playing off line M20 can get very "choppy" to the point it almost feels like an online game which is lagging.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:44 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royerrulz
I would challenge you to find a video of any pro qb intending to throw to the sideline but instead 'misses' and throws it between the hash lines to a safety (like, between the numbers).
Lol.

"I'm right until you prove I'm wrong!"

I love this place.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »