Home

User QB throwing straight to defender

This is a discussion on User QB throwing straight to defender within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 09-21-2019, 02:59 PM   #25
Closer

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: User QB throwing straight to defender

People need realize NFL starting QB's no matter how good they are make bad throws, or really bad throws almost every week.

Of all the things that Madden doesn't do very well, this is not one of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #26
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
I watched the video about half-way. The person who put this compilation together doesnít understand the difference between inaccurate and a botch ó which Iíll loosely define as a critical mis-execution of the design of the play. A few of those were just the QB trying to throw the ball away as well?

First clip is a perfect example. This is a classic miscommunication of option concepts; this is not an inaccurate pass. The QB is throwing a fade and the #1 receiver is running underneath hitch. The receiver appears to make the correct read as the alignment reads off-man. The QB makes the wrong read and throws an anticipatory throw to the corner. The arch of the ball is a dead give-away as well. This is the only route in football that is thrown at that angle.

For what itís worth, I donít really care about the wild inaccurate throws because the game needs a way of simulating mis-execution such as the first clip. This video is just not a good example of qb inaccuracy though. You wonít find many clips of awful NFL throws that donít have a contextual issue unrelated to the throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If that was an attempted fade route that may have been one of the worst fade attempts I've ever seen. Thats not really a counter to the argument that it is an inaccurate pass. What it looked like to me was that he was trying to throw the ball outside of the endzone because pressure was coming and he could not/did not want to, step into a throw to the hitch route and get plastered, so he tried to backleg it out of the endzone and came up short.

To the op's point, I don't have a problem with Madden's accuracy. I have seen NFL QBs miss their mark and throw directly to a defender. Hell I remember one of the criticisms against Ed Reed was that he just gets lucky because so often he happened to be where the ball went on a inaccurate pass.

You guys making demands like "show me a real pass where the QB tried to throw to the sideline and ended up throwing between the hashes" are something else.
How about you show us that Madden footage of said throw? I'm curious to see if you were scrambling and trying to throw across your body when you have these horrific misses
Old 09-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0
User QB throwing straight to defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
If that was an attempted fade route that may have been one of the worst fade attempts I've ever seen. Thats not really a counter to the argument that it is an inaccurate pass. What it looked like to me was that he was trying to throw the ball outside of the endzone because pressure was coming and he could not/did not want to, step into a throw to the hitch route and get plastered, so he tried to backleg it out of the endzone and came up short.

To the op's point, I don't have a problem with Madden's accuracy. I have seen NFL QBs miss their mark and throw directly to a defender. Hell I remember one of the criticisms against Ed Reed was that he just gets lucky because so often he happened to be where the ball went on a inaccurate pass.

You guys making demands like "show me a real pass where the QB tried to throw to the sideline and ended up throwing between the hashes" are something else.

How about you show us that Madden footage of said throw? I'm curious to see if you were scrambling and trying to throw across your body when you have these horrific misses

Hereís an example of really bad miss that doesnít logically make sense in Madden. https://youtu.be/fNYrrFp3EgY

Twitter: 2k Football Now
YouTube: 2k Football Now
Old 09-21-2019, 08:52 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE
Hereís an example of really bad miss that doesnít logically make sense in Madden. https://youtu.be/fNYrrFp3EgY

Yep. Thats the kind of garbage brady is throwing in my franchise. 4 picks, all like that, in one game.
Old 09-21-2019, 09:45 PM   #29
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASZEMPLE

Okay using Lamar Jackson I havenít seen anything that bad, and there is no defending that play. Ball doesnít even go the direction his arm is moving. Thatís bad
Old 09-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #30
Pro

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Okay using Lamar Jackson I haven’t seen anything that bad, and there is no defending that play. Ball doesn’t even go the direction his arm is moving. That’s bad

That throw looked like it was
( unintentionally in all likelihood) imitating a ball slipping out of the QBs hand , but I've never seen anything that obvious when playing .

Again worth stating what settings people are using as sliders and difficult settings definitely impact these things , without knowing what peoples settings are it's hard to make intelligent comments
Old 09-22-2019, 12:38 AM   #31
Rookie

JayhawkerStL's Arena

Quote:
Okay using Lamar Jackson I haven’t seen anything that bad, and there is no defending that play. Ball doesn’t even go the direction his arm is moving. That’s bad
It’s a Moody video. Pure propaganda to get the kids riled and increase views. If you want to hate your favorite hobby, subscribe to that drek.

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 09-22-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 08:18 AM   #32
Rookie

Had a beautiful one happen last night. The CPU gets pressure up the middle so I slide to the left, settle back down waiting to see if my deep route would come open, it doesn't so I decide to just hit my check down which is a short curl route in the middle of the field. The LB followed me to the left so the WR is a good 7 or 8 yrds open. The WR is just standing there waiting so I throw it, get resisted pressure - accurate or whatever its called and the ball goes directly to the LB that followed me thats about 10yds down the field straight ahead.

The ball doesnt even pretend to travel the way my QBs arm is going. I halfway believe the LB wasn't supposed to slide with me so the CPU still read it as he was covering the WR when he wasn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »