Home

User QB throwing straight to defender

This is a discussion on User QB throwing straight to defender within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 12:03 AM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: User QB throwing straight to defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
That's a battle you'll have to take up on your own. I'm fine with the current system of people occasionally posting his clips and other people noting his obvious bias as something to keep in mind.

To me, there's no reason to go beyond that. It's just video games.
I think most people here take his videos at face value. HIs schtick and his motivation isn't a mystery to most here.

Most see him for the joke he is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 03:00 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 6

It’s def not fake.

Play w Mitch Trubisky and you’ll see it 2-3 times a game.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:02 AM   #43
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Mitch Trubisky
Old 09-23-2019, 08:33 AM   #44
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
It’s def not fake.

Play w Mitch Trubisky and you’ll see it 2-3 times a game.
I've always thought that there was some kind of coding in the background that just made certain players have flaws regardless of their ratings. In my 32 user league I had the Raiders in Madden 19 and more often than not downfield throws with Derek Carr were overthrown by a mile, many times straight to the safety over top. Even after a couple of years of progressing him further I still had major issues so I ended up drafting a replacement who even with lower accuracy and throw power ratings was far more accurate for me in game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2019, 08:44 AM   #45
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
I've always thought that there was some kind of coding in the background that just made certain players have flaws regardless of their ratings. In my 32 user league I had the Raiders in Madden 19 and more often than not downfield throws with Derek Carr were overthrown by a mile, many times straight to the safety over top. Even after a couple of years of progressing him further I still had major issues so I ended up drafting a replacement who even with lower accuracy and throw power ratings was far more accurate for me in game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's just the random dice- roll effect , you can often see ' patterns' in coin toss or dice roll sequences but it's totally placebo , once you start to ' notice ' them , confirmation bias kicks in

It would actually be nice if they did have such a tendency then they could give it to Cam and Lamar Jackson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #46
Rookie

madden just needs more variations.

right now it's all or nothing for throws, either it makes it to the receiver or its 5+ yards away.

why can't it be thrown to the receiver but over their head? or at their feet?
Old 09-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #47
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogunreaper
madden just needs more variations.

right now it's all or nothing for throws, either it makes it to the receiver or its 5+ yards away.

why can't it be thrown to the receiver but over their head? or at their feet?

Agreed , it's a very black and white situation with little nuance , but lots of things in madden are like this , pass rush in particular shows this , with far too high a percentage of drop backs under pressure resulting in sacks rather than hurried passes or throw away, although these obviously do occur
As madden is the only game I play I'm not sure if this is specifically a madden thing or a video game thing in general
Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Joe Flacco through a short pass that was nearly intercepted by a diving Packer LB, only to have it find a wide open Packer DB. There wasn’t a Bronco on the screen.

Had it not been a real game, we would be calling BS.

But if folks want to be taken seriously, start giving us more information. On top of sliders, settings, and the rating involved, the play called, and the defense it was thrown into, all of which factors into the dice roll.

But all that takes time and leads to a productive conversation. What most folks want to do is come here to trash EA and to contribute as much negativity around the game to “warn” others off of buying it. Facts get in the way of that agenda.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »