Home

Best running playbook

This is a discussion on Best running playbook within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Best running playbook

Which playbook is the best running playbook?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Best running playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Which playbook is the best running playbook?

Thanks
I like Atlanta's. Good variety. This year using bigger formations actually work better than the past few years.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

OAK, ANIEC.

You have full schemes (i.e. you can attack any front) out of every personnel group.

If you like I formations OAK has the best the game has to offer. I-Form Close gives you both a strong and weak side iso, power, stretch, and a strong side inside zone (94 Will) where the FB cuts off back side pursuit. None of these runs are RPOs, so they can all be flipped at the LOS and your use of motion is not limited. If you want RPOs I-Form H-Slot gives you Dive Alert Bubble and Stretch Alert Bubble with a weak side inside zone (95 Mike).

If you prefer 2 TE Wing Flex Close gives you Dive, Zone Wk, Stretch, a decent Jet Sweep, and a neat little weak side toss that one can sneak in from time to time. If you want RPOs instead Singleback Wing Slot gives you Dive, Zone Wk, and Stretch all with the Alert Bubble.

Out of 3 WR there is a very strong formation shifting scheme available between Singleback Bunch and Singleback Y-Trips. The shift is very quick, so defenses won't have a ton of time to react to it. You will have the following plays at your disposal:

Singleback Bunch: Counter, Zone Wk, Inside Zone Split
Singleback Y-Trips: 01 Trap, Zone Wk Alert Bubble, Stretch X Lookie, Power X Lookie

There is no front your opponent can play which can handle all of that. Without mismatches on the interior DL or a willingness to stack the box in the hopes of getting someone in untouched you should be able to find success so long as you are in the right play. If they do crowd the LOS both formations have more than enough in the passing game to take advantage.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #4
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Here is a link to playbooks by team:
https://www.madden-school.com/playbooks/

What scheme do you prefer? Power or zone?

I was raised with power (because zone was literally being invented and not widely taught yet), but I have fallen in love with zone and it is what I have used for 15+ years in real life and it has finally been incorporated into Madden since 2011.

Even the zone run scheme has variations on how teams marry the concept to their play calling and personnel.

Some teams are based more on the gun and running inside zone. The Rams in real life and in Madden mostly stick to single back under center. The 49ers are one of the last teams to employ a FB, and their playbook is great if that is something you want.

Regardless of what scheme you want, you have to understand it and apply the philosophy behind it if you want success. You cannot just call run plays blindly and complain when they don't work.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
MVP

Since I'm a stickler for accuracy I need to update my post about OAK. I was trying to go from memory. Their Y-Trips doesn't have stretch. It has a strong side inside zone. If you want to try to get to the edge using Bunch/Y-Trips use the Quick Pitch out of Bunch. It's one of the few good tosses in this year's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »