Home

Preseason

This is a discussion on Preseason within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Review
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 09-19-2019, 01:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Preseason

How does everyone approach this in CFM?Sim the whole thing? Play? Turn down injuries or off? Bench good players?
Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

Re: Preseason

I sim the games. I save after each week. I leave injuries on because by me simming the games, I leave the roll of the dice to the computer; if I lose a starter to injury, it’s now my job to figure out who’s up next. But I also take my star players completely off the depth chart in preseason to counteract that. I don’t want to lose Darnold/Bell/high price FA to an injury in preseason. I have a nice balance to it where I’m happy not playing the games but still fill the week to week out. With a full-time job, house and a kid, I wanna squeeze all the playing time I can in.
Pokémon Blue
Madden 20

New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Old 09-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
MVP

I just sim the games and take my chances on injuries. Ancedotally, it doesn't seem like there are less injured players this year from keeping everyone out in the preseason. My fantasy team looks like a MASH unit.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:15 AM   #4
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Always grab Free Agents on Wk 1 before any games, again on Week 4 after my game and again on Regular Season Wk 1 before any games. I do the training, and then I sim the games with injuries off. I'm down with guys getting hurt when I'm playing, but not when I'm simming meaningless games.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Usually just sim week to week. Injuries on, if I lose a star player then just like real life I have to deal with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 10:24 PM   #6
Just started!

Jeez, I feel like such a coward now for turning injuries off during the preseason. :P
Old 09-20-2019, 10:18 AM   #7
Pro

baconbits11's Arena

I play the games and it subs out the starters automatically when appropriate. Like in the 1st game, the starters play one quarter. So I just the CPU do it, if I get an injury, that's life and its fun to adjust the roster.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

I play every game, injuries on.*

• Game 1, my starters play 1 drive and then I sub in backups. Backup QB plays til midway through the 3rd, then my 3rd string QB finishes the game.

• Game 2, starters play the first quarter. QB2 plays until halftime, QB3 plays second half.

• Game 3: Starters play the whole first half**. QB2 plays quarter 3, QB3 plays 4th.

•Game 4: Starters sit the whole game, don't play at all. 3rd string QB gets to play all 4 quarters.

*If I had a starter the previous year who suffered a long injury, I'll hold him out of preseason.

**The exception in game 3 comes if I've played a half and I can't move the ball well. In that case, I'll play starters into the 3rd quarter. Ocassionally, if I'm installing a new offense (playbook), I'll adjust playing time depending on how things are going.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »