Home

Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.14 Available - Patch Notes Here

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.14 Available - Patch Notes Here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 20 Patch 1.14 Available - Patch Notes Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
So is the “return man” in this one or not? Or are we still waiting on that and the new scenarios?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Assuming still waiting, I haven't downloaded it, but reading through the thread with JP showing the graphic for dates and explanation that the schedule was delayed a bit by Dorian.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: New Title Update going live at 11am est

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
They're never going to fix this. After 4 patches, they either don't know how or they don't care to put in the time. Aren't our new endzones permanent moving forward in real life? Why even leave the old endzone coding in the game?

Call me weird, but this one just really gets to me. I've been fortunate to not have a lot of the issues others have (kicking meter, too many fumbles, etc), but this one, to me, is the kicking meter for others. It's been a long while since 49ers fans had something to be excited about, and for me it was the new endzones, as dumb as that sounds.

I brought this up to Dustin/KANE/Equipment Guru on Twitter after 1.13 and he said they were “on top of it”. The optimist in me hopes that they’ll use the 2019 version of the end zone (some red in the font, no helmet around the NFC logo) when it is corrected.

Perhaps they’re waiting for the first regular season game at Levi’s this Sunday to see if any changes are made from the preseason layout.

I know it’s a pretty trivial issue, but the fact that it was correct at launch contributes a lot to the frustration.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 09-19-2019, 05:25 PM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Did notice a welcome change regarding tackling. I was user-engaged in a tackle attempt and 2 of my defenders branched in and both affected the outcome of the tackle. This would not have happened previously, as only 1 of the defenders would have been truly involved, while the other would have simply rag-dolled to the ground. Unfortunately, when running against the CPU, I am still only seeing 2 tacklers being able to affect my user ballcarrier. They still have a ways to go regarding tackling, but it does at least "look" more natural and organic.

Also, as was needed, arm-bar stiff arm very much tuned down. As much fun as I loved using this mechanic with Zeke, it was OP. I can still pull off some nasty stiff arms, but timing is now essential as I believe it should be.
Sounds like it is nearing gameplay during beta.

Last edited by roadman; 09-19-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:29 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Have you played the game after patch or your comment are based on the notes only? Could someone confirm tackles are more realistic now instead of WWF (old guy) type?
Better believed I played, and the game finally has tackling, and much better gang tackling. I dont make comments on notes, without checking it out for myself.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:41 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Still seeing broken sacks and tackles being counted as assisted tackles/sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2019, 06:00 PM   #62
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
They're never going to fix this. After 4 patches, they either don't know how or they don't care to put in the time. Aren't our new endzones permanent moving forward in real life? Why even leave the old endzone coding in the game?

Call me weird, but this one just really gets to me. I've been fortunate to not have a lot of the issues others have (kicking meter, too many fumbles, etc), but this one, to me, is the kicking meter for others. It's been a long while since 49ers fans had something to be excited about, and for me it was the new endzones, as dumb as that sounds.

Yep they are the new permanent endzones and they actually were in at launch. Like I said, I mentioned it to those guys on twitter and was shocked how fast they responded to me after update 1.10 came out. That’s the only reason why I still ask. I to think they won’t fix it now and that’s pretty frustrating because it was so nice having the field look like the old days.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
Yep they are the new permanent endzones and they actually were in at launch. Like I said, I mentioned it to those guys on twitter and was shocked how fast they responded to me after update 1.10 came out. That’s the only reason why I still ask. I to think they won’t fix it now and that’s pretty frustrating because it was so nice having the field look like the old days.

I was more excited than I had any right to be when I saw the old font and design when I booted up Madden. I've been a 'Niners fan since 1986, and seeing the field in-game was such a nostalgia trip. The endzones it reverted to are associated with losing teams, Harbaugh era excluded of course. I'm just confused why the coding for the endzones remained in the game after the old font and design were programmed into it. Makes me wonder if Madden was programmed for SF to revert back in year 2 after the 100th season was over, even though that is not the plan in real life.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 09-19-2019, 06:11 PM   #64
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgrffth
When they going to address injuries? I played 3 seasons 60 minute CFM simulation coach mode, and I have not seen an OFFENSIVE or DEFENSIVE LINEMAN have an in-game injury on either team. I've seen plenty skill players and Linebackers go down, but NO OL or DL! Not one. M19 was prefect in terms of the distribution of injuries. Why is nobody bringing this issue up? M20 has turned into a over-hyped arcade game.
I don't think this affects everyone. I was playing last night against thew Jets and I saw or Browns cant remember and Sheldon Richardson went down to one knee and was out for 2 quarters. Now that is the one and ONLY time I have seen a lineman go down. So I would say it happens they just need to tune the frequency. This is also on 32 team offline franchise and on PC with Sabo mods.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »