Home

Which players need Superstar Traits?

This is a discussion on Which players need Superstar Traits? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2019, 11:06 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Which players need Superstar Traits?

In franchise so development traits change if a player has a good year or bad year?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #18
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
In franchise so development traits change if a player has a good year or bad year?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Yeah it will change if they win certain end of year awards, also if you meet the story goals (or whatever they are called) during the season.

You can also just edit them if you want, I made a few changes for various teams when I started my last CFM just to kind of make it feel a little differant since I am on my 3rd CFM restart.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:52 AM   #19
Rookie

RoyalKrimpet's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockenson
Ebron also drops a ton of easy balls. One year where he catches a ton of TDs because the Colts didn't have a lot of other options doesn't make him a superstar after what he did in Detroit.
Fair point, but George Kittle has Superstar Traits after 1 good season where he led all TE's in Yards last year. Shouldn't the guy who led all TE's in TD's get Superstar Traits as well? Regardless of what happened before, Ebron played up to his Top 10 Pick potential last year.

Kittle had an Historic Season (I think Gronk's 2011 Campaign was better), but there are some who believe he only got Superstar Traits because he is a 49er. He only had 5 TD's.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:33 AM   #20

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKrimpet
Fair point, but George Kittle has Superstar Traits after 1 good season where he led all TE's in Yards last year. Shouldn't the guy who led all TE's in TD's get Superstar Traits as well? Regardless of what happened before, Ebron played up to his Top 10 Pick potential last year.

Kittle had an Historic Season (I think Gronk's 2011 Campaign was better), but there are some who believe he only got Superstar Traits because he is a 49er. He only had 5 TD's.
IMO yardage and catches is more indicative of usage and value versus purely scores. When Jack Doyle is healthy Ebron isnt even the best TE on his own team and merely starts because they like to run 2 TE sets. Another guy you mentioned, Tyler Lockett, is complete boom or bust. He had 2 targets week 1, managed to turn one into a score to somewhat salvage his day but he's not nearly consistent enough to be a superstar.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2019, 08:26 AM   #21
Rookie

Matthew25x's Arena

Sorry if these have been added since any updates..

AZ: Patrick Peterson once he's eligible to play. Larry Fitzgerald because it's Larry Fitzgerald.

DAL: Travis Frederick. Top 5 center.

LAR: Brandin Cooks. 1,000 yard receiver with elite speed and athleticism.

NE: Josh Gordon. Top 5 receiver when he's on the field. Simply can't be covered. Not that any of us want to make NE better but... The guy is a special talent.

PHI. Wentz. The way this dude avoids sacks and turns it into a big play is unreal. Multiple highlight reel plays every year since being drafted.

Additional thoughts.. Coaches should have an impact on team performance and multiple coaches should have some sort of special abilities that make certain aspects of that performance enhanced. Belichick, Reid, McVay, Tomlin, etc..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 11:50 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalKrimpet

You're way too focused on one stat.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:09 PM   #23
Rookie

Derrick Henry deserves an arm bar ability for obvious reasons. I mean they even gave him 99 stiff arm at one point last year, now he doesn't even get arm bar?
Old 09-21-2019, 01:25 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon10
Derrick Henry deserves an arm bar ability for obvious reasons. I mean they even gave him 99 stiff arm at one point last year, now he doesn't even get arm bar?
Players should have traits based on how good they are at what that trait is. Unfortunately, tying it to development makes it silly as they are basing them on how much xp a player is going to earn. That leaves us with players who are best at certain things irl not being so in the game. Makes it too arcadey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »