Home

Run vs Pass

This is a discussion on Run vs Pass within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Run vs Pass

Does anyone know if the run/pass ratio has been acknowledged by anyone from EA, and if it will be addressed in future patches? It’s truly a hinderance in the game and totally detracts from the realism. There are a few games here and there when the CPU will maintain a realistic play split, but they are few and far between, maybe 1 in every 5 or 6 games in my experience. Aside from those games, there are teams that run 5-7 times a game, even when playing with a lead.

The only “fix” I’ve found is to SuperSim the defense, but I want to play the entire game so that’s not something I want to do.

I’ve looked for any posts that specifically address if EA is aware of the issue, but couldn’t find anything which is why I created a new post, so I apologize if there is a post out there that I may have missed.

Aside from that, I’ve actually really enjoyed the game. It’s just frustrating when I’m getting whipped 41-17, and the AI still lights it up through the air, so I REALLY hope it’s getting looked at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Run vs Pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by swenk16
Does anyone know if the run/pass ratio has been acknowledged by anyone from EA, and if it will be addressed in future patches? It’s truly a hinderance in the game and totally detracts from the realism. There are a few games here and there when the CPU will maintain a realistic play split, but they are few and far between, maybe 1 in every 5 or 6 games in my experience. Aside from those games, there are teams that run 5-7 times a game, even when playing with a lead.

The only “fix” I’ve found is to SuperSim the defense, but I want to play the entire game so that’s not something I want to do.

I’ve looked for any posts that specifically address if EA is aware of the issue, but couldn’t find anything which is why I created a new post, so I apologize if there is a post out there that I may have missed.

Aside from that, I’ve actually really enjoyed the game. It’s just frustrating when I’m getting whipped 41-17, and the AI still lights it up through the air, so I REALLY hope it’s getting looked at.
Yeah it's pretty frustrating.

Was just playing the Giants and they had Blake Bortles. Still only ran the ball with Barkley literally one time thru 3 quarters.

The announcers even acknowledged that you could "count the number of carries Saquon has on one finger".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2019, 04:48 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Also wanting to know if this has been acknowledged by EA
Old 09-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #4
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Not something I've been particularly tracking , as this is heavily game situation dependent but am getting about a 2:1 ratio pass:run , which isn't far from reality
This is all pro with sliders

Wondering if your settings are causing this or if it's on default ?
Old 09-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
Not something I've been particularly tracking , as this is heavily game situation dependent but am getting about a 2:1 ratio pass:run , which isn't far from reality
This is all pro with sliders

Wondering if your settings are causing this or if it's on default ?

I use Armor & Swords settings from the sliders boards. I agree it SHOULD be game situation dependent but like I mentioned, I’ll have teams destroying me 41-17 and still airing it out. Maybe 1 in every 5 or 6 games I will have a realistic ratio....maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2019, 12:27 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swenk16
I use Armor & Swords settings from the sliders boards. I agree it SHOULD be game situation dependent but like I mentioned, I’ll have teams destroying me 41-17 and still airing it out. Maybe 1 in every 5 or 6 games I will have a realistic ratio....maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Same. This is what I'm usually seeing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2019, 01:18 PM   #7
Rookie

ICE_790120q's Arena

This is being discussed in earlier threads, including one I posted a few weeks back.

Experiencing the same issue as you all but found a "mild" workaround to improve the ration. See the second post on this thread.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ter-patch.html

In summary the issue related or at least amplified because of the game plan and x-factor approach. My workaround, sim the training of your opposing team by selecting some sort of run play.

Because of what I've seen is causing the imbalance I would not think EA will acknowledge it as an issue nor will it be fixed/tweaked until perhaps Madden 21.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #8
Rookie

I believe moonlightswami said that if you move the CPU run blocking slider up then it will encourage the CPU to run more. I'm using his sliders and have had solid results

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »