Home

Auto Subs and 3-4 OLBs

This is a discussion on Auto Subs and 3-4 OLBs within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2019, 09:35 PM   #1
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

OVR: 0
Auto Subs and 3-4 OLBs

I love to get a good pass rusher rotation in. In years past I’ve run 4-3 defenses but this year I’m trying out a 3-4. However I want to figure out a way to adjust auto subs for LBs that gets my OLBs to rotate but not my two ILBs.

If I switched my OLBs official position on the roster to DE would they be affected by the DE sub slider? Or would they still be affected by the LB sub slider if they’re playing OLB on the depth chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2019, 10:51 PM   #2
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Re: Auto Subs and 3-4 OLBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies6f
I love to get a good pass rusher rotation in. In years past I’ve run 4-3 defenses but this year I’m trying out a 3-4. However I want to figure out a way to adjust auto subs for LBs that gets my OLBs to rotate but not my two ILBs.

If I switched my OLBs official position on the roster to DE would they be affected by the DE sub slider? Or would they still be affected by the LB sub slider if they’re playing OLB on the depth chart.

If your using a 3:4 , in all probability your OLBs will be your designated rush ends in the depth chart , which may also have an impact , but I don't know

You could achieve a rotation though by having your rush ends different from your starting OLBs

Last edited by briz1046; 09-21-2019 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:03 PM   #3
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
If your using a 3:4 , in all probability your OLBs will be your designated rush ends in the depth chart , which may also have an impact , but I don't know

You could achieve a rotation though by having your rush ends different from your starting OLBs

Oh true I didn’t even think if the rush end position would factor in.

Old 09-23-2019, 06:08 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

base defence i dont think uses rre/rle
Old 09-23-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

The only thing I'd caution you with the rush ends be different is that you'll probably spend a majority of your time in a nickel defense. So if your starters are your OLBs in the 3-4 and you have your backups in at rush end, your backups will probably take a majority of the snaps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

phillies6f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
The only thing I'd caution you with the rush ends be different is that you'll probably spend a majority of your time in a nickel defense. So if your starters are your OLBs in the 3-4 and you have your backups in at rush end, your backups will probably take a majority of the snaps.

Yeah no I always set my rush ends as my starters. I’m just thinking does the Auto Sub DE slider affect rush ends of the players you put at rush ends are OLBs?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »