Home

User QB throwing straight to defender

This is a discussion on User QB throwing straight to defender within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2019, 03:18 AM   #1
Rookie

Gregor17's Arena

OVR: 0
User QB throwing straight to defender

This thing has me boiling, and it's happened more than once. But last night I was playing as the Bengals (on All Madden with Matt10's sliders). AJ Green ran a curl route, and Dalton was sitting in the pocket, not moving, perfect footwork, just bobbing up and down as QB's do in this game. So I bulltet the pass to Green, but, it goes 5 yards to the right of him, straight into the waiting linebacker's hands. Perfect footwork, but for some reason it was "innaccurate" and straigh into the lap of the defense. Rubbish.

Is this just All Madden BS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 07:43 AM   #2
MVP

Re: User QB throwing straight to defender

Dalton has no abilities which means he gets no accuracy guarantees. He's always capable of rolling an inaccurate throw. Some small number of them are going to go right to defenders.

This won't happen to you a ton, but its something to mindful of when using a lesser QB.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:43 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor17
This thing has me boiling, and it's happened more than once. But last night I was playing as the Bengals (on All Madden with Matt10's sliders). AJ Green ran a curl route, and Dalton was sitting in the pocket, not moving, perfect footwork, just bobbing up and down as QB's do in this game. So I bulltet the pass to Green, but, it goes 5 yards to the right of him, straight into the waiting linebacker's hands. Perfect footwork, but for some reason it was "innaccurate" and straigh into the lap of the defense. Rubbish.

Is this just All Madden BS?
Saw your post on twitter and responded, but didn't know you were using mine.

So the patch update to 1.12 and 1.13 made the timing of throws a bit more sensitive. Any input, or lack of, can result in wayward throws.

With my sliders, I also have QBA at 48, so that inaccurate throw is still a possibility. Not sure of your technique, but I step forward and throw which gets a bit more accuracy in. Also, if you hold onto the button too long without stepping, it can sail.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

I noticed this too when I was playing recently.

I have no problem with "inaccurate throws", but I experienced 2 or 3 that were like the OP described. They throw it directly to the defender like he was the intended target in those situations. It hasn't happened often so I can't complain too much (like I said 2 or 3 times over like 20 games) but still.

It's one thing to wildly over throw someone, throw it out of bounds, throw a deep ball to short or too long. Those things all happen. Those things should exist in Madden.

Throwing it directly to the opposition is another thing entirely. It's clearly some type of bug because it just started happening.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:38 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

They need to have better representation of innacurate. There's innacurate throws and then uncatchable wildly innacurate throws. Wildly innacurate throws where it doesnt even look like they're throwing to the intended reciever are rare for starting QBs and they really need to reel that in a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 09:50 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
They need to have better representation of innacurate. There's innacurate throws and then uncatchable wildly innacurate throws. Wildly innacurate throws where it doesnt even look like they're throwing to the intended reciever are rare for starting QBs and they really need to reel that in a bit.
This is funny because i see them every Sunday. QB perfectly setup and they miss their Target. Never understood why so much hate, i guess these realistic but "random" events are not for everyone. Its like if people expect all their forward hit the net on every shoot they take. Professional strikers miss, a LOT.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #7
Rookie

I would challenge you to find a video of any pro qb intending to throw to the sideline but instead 'misses' and throws it between the hash lines to a safety (like, between the numbers).

This does not happen in real life and is one of the many ways the game is woefully broken at the moment.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #8
MVP

Here's a compilation. The very first pass is Case Keenum overthrowing a flat route by 15 yards with the ball floating right to a defender who was guarding no one in the back of the end zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NInWLw2oCVo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »