Home

Help me pick a franchise team

This is a discussion on Help me pick a franchise team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2019, 02:33 PM   #9
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Help me pick a franchise team

Here are some of my personal favorite franchise teams for this year:

Patriots:
The ability to contend for a superbowl in the first season or two. While a good portion of the team is getting up there in age especially on defense they have a couple of nice younger pieces. Plus with Brady probably retiring after year 2 you get to try and draft or sign your next franchise QB and build around them.

Chiefs:
Pat Mahommes is a lot of fun to play with in this years game and they have a lot of fun weapons, especially with Tyreek Hill and incoming rookie Mecole Hardman.

Chargers/Saints:
I'm putting these two together because they are in very similar situations. They both have lots of good young pieces and a decent amount of cap space. Both teams also have QBs at the end of their careers so like the Patriots you get to pick the next QB you want to build around.

Ravens:
The combo of Lamar Jackson and Hollywood Brown will be a lot of fun.

Lions:
This is a team you could go multiple directions with. Not the youngest team, plus while they have some cap space they have some bigger contracts that will eat some of that space up. Which way do you go with this team? Try and add the pieces you would need to compete with Stafford as your QB? If that doesn't work in the first couple of years then you can always tear it down and rebuild.

Raiders:
This is going to be a tough rebuild, they have major needs in almost every area and most of their key pieces are getting up there in age. Plus you have to love the classic Black and Silver color scheme and uniforms.

Cardinals:
It will be fun to try and develop Kyler Murray in to a franchise QB. This team will be a tough rebuild. One of the worse o-lines in the league. It also doesn't help that most of their best players are getting up their in age like Patrick Peterson, Larry fitz etc... The one thing that drives me crazy with the cardinals is their playbook feels kind of bare. I don't know if it's because they were waiting to see what a Kliff Kingsbury offense would look like in the NFL. You could always build a custom book starting with the Cardinals book as a base and adding more spread concepts to it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I did the Bills for a bit, then Raiders and I've started over this time choosing the Bengals.

I considered all the 0-3 teams starting in Week 4 of the live rosters, the Bengals to me seemed the most interesting. (Dolphins were #2 on my list though)
Old 09-27-2019, 03:21 PM   #11
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

49ers.

2nd worst team last year that is on the rise.

Franchise QB who is not highly rated in the game. Star FB and star TE to build around. A young Defensive front. A competitive division. A rich history. Their HC is the son of an important coach in the franchise's history. The West Coast Zone run scheme Kyle uses is a throw back to what made the 49ers great in the 80's and 90's (though it was not zone run at that time). There is a rich history and nice story line there with potential.

They are 3-0 in real life going into the bye week and they have the Browns next, so doing well is not unrealistic, yet expectations are not too high. They will probably be a 9-7 team in real life. What can you make them? Can you take them to the next level with the draft and free agency?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #12
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0

Every season from MLB to Madden to 2k I do the same thing & really enjoy it...

First, I go through each Division and eliminate the team with the best 2018 record & the team with the worst using last year's overall standings. I do not get caught up with breaking tie's, I just go up and down the list. Example: The Saints and the Cards would be disqualified, the Rams and the Raiders, the Chiefs and the Jets...you get the idea. My reasoning behind this is that it eliminates most of the top tier talent in the league who wouldn't require much handling & eliminates the bottom tier talent who would require too much handling.

After eliminating those teams I am left with the following:
1. Cowboys
2. Seahawks
3. Colts
4. Steelers
5. Eagles
6. Titans
7. Vikings
8. Browns
9. Falcons
10. Redskins
11. Panthers
12. Dolphins
13. Packers
14. Broncos
15. Lions
16. Bengals

Okay, so now what do I do? I've got teams like the Cowboys, Seahawks, and Colts who all made the playoffs, but didn't do much damage. I've also got teams like the Bengals, Lions, Broncos, and even Packers who have glaring issues & definitely need some work. I get rid of these teams, right? Wrong. I actually get rid of all the teams in the middle of these guys. Teams like Cleveland, Washington, Carolina, Tennessee, etc, have almost too much room to play with. They aren't right there, but they also aren't too far away from it. They aren't a rebuild, but they also aren't safe from turning into one. Choosing one of these teams doesn't give me enough pressure to perform, any one of these teams can become a playoff team in 2019 or end up as a rebuild, neither would surprise anyone.

After eliminating those I am left with eight teams:

1. Cowboys
2. Seahawks
3. Colts
4. Steelers
5. Packers
6. Broncos
7. Lions
8. Bengals

To me, all these teams are in a really fun situation. They are either right there in terms of their roster & becoming a strong competitor, or they are a few bad moves away from a complete meltdown...the pressure is on.

At this point, I am pretty happy with the 8 teams in the mix, but we aren't there. Time to eliminate the middle pack again so we get the most pure teams with pressure to perform or avoid rebuilding completely.

1. Cowboys
2. Seahawks
3. Lions
4. Bengals

From here it really has to be a coin flip so I pit the high seeds vs. the low seeds...

1. Cowboys vs. 4. Bengals
2. Seahawks vs. 3. Lions

After flipping the championship round is...

1. Cowboys vs. 3. Lions

And the champ is....

Cowboys.

I mean, the pressure is completely on and this would feel great to have as an underlying story for your team. Is Dak the man? Will Zeke stay healthy? How do you manage the OL, defense, and a rebuilding division that could eventually catch up to you.

Last edited by saintrules; 09-27-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:14 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Every season from MLB to Madden to 2k I do the same thing & really enjoy it...

First, I go through each Division and eliminate the team with the best 2018 record & the team with the worst using last year's overall standings. I do not get caught up with breaking tie's, I just go up and down the list. Example: The Saints and the Cards would be disqualified, the Rams and the Raiders, the Chiefs and the Jets...you get the idea. My reasoning behind this is that it eliminates most of the top tier talent in the league who wouldn't require much handling & eliminates the bottom tier talent who would require too much handling.

After eliminating those teams I am left with the following:
1. Cowboys
2. Seahawks
3. Colts
4. Steelers
5. Eagles
6. Titans
7. Vikings
8. Browns
9. Falcons
10. Redskins
11. Panthers
12. Dolphins
13. Packers
14. Broncos
15. Lions
16. Bengals

Okay, so now what do I do? I've got teams like the Cowboys, Seahawks, and Colts who all made the playoffs, but didn't do much damage. I've also got teams like the Bengals, Lions, Broncos, and even Packers who have glaring issues & definitely need some work. I get rid of these teams, right? Wrong. I actually get rid of all the teams in the middle of these guys. Teams like Cleveland, Washington, Carolina, Tennessee, etc, have almost too much room to play with. They aren't right there, but they also aren't too far away from it. They aren't a rebuild, but they also aren't safe from turning into one. Choosing one of these teams doesn't give me enough pressure to perform, any one of these teams can become a playoff team in 2019 or end up as a rebuild, neither would surprise anyone.

After eliminating those I am left with eight teams:

1. Cowboys
2. Seahawks
3. Colts
4. Steelers
5. Packers
6. Broncos
7. Lions
8. Bengals

To me, all these teams are in a really fun situation. They are either right there in terms of their roster & becoming a strong competitor, or they are a few bad moves away from a complete meltdown...the pressure is on.

At this point, I am pretty happy with the 8 teams in the mix, but we aren't there. Time to eliminate the middle pack again so we get the most pure teams with pressure to perform or avoid rebuilding completely.

1. Cowboys
2. Seahawks
3. Lions
4. Bengals

From here it really has to be a coin flip so I pit the high seeds vs. the low seeds...

1. Cowboys vs. 4. Bengals
2. Seahawks vs. 3. Lions

After flipping the championship round is...

1. Cowboys vs. 3. Lions

And the champ is....

Cowboys.

I mean, the pressure is completely on and this would feel great to have as an underlying story for your team. Is Dak the man? Will Zeke stay healthy? How do you manage the OL, defense, and a rebuilding division that could eventually catch up to you.
Trust me. Zeke will stay healthy and be the best ever. He has in every franchise i have ran since he came into the league. Madden loves them some Cowboys.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Laundry. It’s all about the uniforms. Which speak to you? Raiders black and silver? Dolphins aqua green and orange? Vikings purple? Giants blue? No question is more important.
I feel like I definitely look into uniforms. Kind of wish I didnt care about the looks but that is a big factor in me choosing.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Can never be anyone but my raiders which is always a challenge however I do think the dolphins in this years game would be a lot of fun and a real challenge

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2019, 08:13 PM   #16
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
49ers.

2nd worst team last year that is on the rise.

Franchise QB who is not highly rated in the game. Star FB and star TE to build around. A young Defensive front. A competitive division. A rich history. Their HC is the son of an important coach in the franchise's history. The West Coast Zone run scheme Kyle uses is a throw back to what made the 49ers great in the 80's and 90's (though it was not zone run at that time). There is a rich history and nice story line there with potential.

They are 3-0 in real life going into the bye week and they have the Browns next, so doing well is not unrealistic, yet expectations are not too high. They will probably be a 9-7 team in real life. What can you make them? Can you take them to the next level with the draft and free agency?

I'm using them right now and I placed Jimmy G with the fins and i'm now the starting QB hehehehe.

Kittle is so fun to play with. I'm absolutely killing with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »