Home

"Quick" Playcalling Option

This is a discussion on "Quick" Playcalling Option within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 01:36 PM   #1
Rookie

acbagel's Arena

OVR: 0
"Quick" Playcalling Option

In previous Madden games there was an option for playcalling called "Quick" where it only suggested one play. In Madden 20 I only see the option for "Slim" and "Enhanced" which suggests three plays. Is there any way to only get 1 suggested play in Madden 20? I like it for player mode so I dont feel like my player is actually calling the plays... if not, of the suggested plays, which is the most suggested that would best simulate the old system where it only suggested the one play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #2
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Re: "Quick" Playcalling Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by acbagel
In previous Madden games there was an option for playcalling called "Quick" where it only suggested one play. In Madden 20 I only see the option for "Slim" and "Enhanced" which suggests three plays. Is there any way to only get 1 suggested play in Madden 20? I like it for player mode so I dont feel like my player is actually calling the plays... if not, of the suggested plays, which is the most suggested that would best simulate the old system where it only suggested the one play?
I don't believe there is a way to only have one suggestion at a time like years past. What I did before was use the Slim playcall style and make the button layout so either A or X (depending on console or controller) is at the top. So instead of Y or Triangle at the top, it's A or X. It probably doesn't matter but I figured why not go with the top play. You can imagine it like going Top to Bottom or even make it a system like the Head Coach suggests the Top play and the bottom two are alternatives the Off. Coordinator suggests.

Honestly tho it shouldn't matter and I don't believe the top, middle or bottom of the 3 really help simulate more realistically than the others. Usually in years past using Quick playcall resulted in like 50 pass attempts a game and only 10 rushing attempts.

With that in mind, another suggestion on top of the 'Head coach and coordinator' idea. The three plays to pick from really help get an equal run/pass ratio going on. So just don't scroll through, usually go with the top unless it's like 4 verts and you think a team would realistically run in a certain situation than see if the bottom two have a run play and go with that.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #3
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

To add to this, anyone know what Dynamic play calling really does? Does it just remove certain plays if on an easier difficulty or..

Old 10-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by acbagel
There are a couple of things you can try, based off of the fact that you are playing as a player. First, you've got to step back just a bit and realize that, unless there was an "automatic playcall feature" in game, you are going to still have to call your plays. From there, spend a bit of time creating your own gameplan. Once you do that, just call whatever play pops up in the 1st suggestion playcall box, as your gameplanned plays will continue to rotate throughout the game. 2 minute situations unfortunately still often bug to 4 minute offense, so you would then have to call plays from formation.

Try giving this idea a shot. Just pretend your coach really wants your input for the weekly gameplan, but that he will be calling the plays. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:29 PM   #5
Banned

What do dynamic playcalling do...is it good to use..i having figure it out yet..does it changes up plays inside the coach suggestion plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #6
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdatt39
What do dynamic playcalling do...is it good to use..i having figure it out yet..does it changes up plays inside the coach suggestion plays?
I been wondering this since I seen it in the options. The description "play call options show/hide based on skill level" makes me think that certain plays like maybe RPOs are hidden when on easier skill levels (rookie, pro). Maybe to help new players avoid running tougher plays to execute. But I'm not sure

I haven't tested this really at all just yet, would love to hear more input on it. It's off by default and when set to off "all options are available" so I don't really see why anyone would want it on but it is interesting.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:54 PM   #7
Banned

I'm testing it with it on....it seems like the hidden feature of playcalling for the ai and against ai..imma leave it on since its a,new hidden feature
Old 10-02-2019, 05:56 AM   #8
MVP

^all that “feature” does is lock you out of choosing your formation on lower difficulties afaik. No idea why they use the term “dynamic”; from what I saw it literally just dumbs it down, like for kids or whatever. (Though to be fair I immediately turned it off once I saw what it was doing; maybe it does more than that, I dunno.)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »