Home

Ageing Veteran Superstar & X-Factor

This is a discussion on Ageing Veteran Superstar & X-Factor within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 03:59 AM   #1
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0
Ageing Veteran Superstar & X-Factor

Dev regression has been removed from Madden 20 and so if a player manages to earn Superstar or X-Factor dev then he will never lose it; however, the player will regress to the point the abilities start to lock up again. I feel like the Superstar and X-Factor dev has been handed out to the current stars, but what about the previous generation of stars who still play (and under Madden 20 dev system would never lose their dev)??

Who do you think deserves the Superstar or X-Factor dev based on their historic Madden OVR or game play?

A few snubs that get foiled by the current system:

Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald - 84ovr Normal
http://daddyleagues.com/maddenrating...rry_Fitzgerald
Fitzgerald was a Madden cover athlete and one of the few to escape the curse. He was a big reason why the Cardinals made a Superbowl and was at one point the best WR in the game. He should be an X-Factor.

Rams/Packers OLB Clay Matthews - 78ovr Normal
http://daddyleagues.com/maddenrating...-Clay_Matthews
Another guy who's play was a primary reason their team made the Superbowl (and won it this time). Matthews was an all around player and sack machine at his prime and should at least be Superstar (OVR would mean 80ability locked.

Rams/Chargers S Eric Weddle - 81ovr Normal
http://daddyleagues.com/maddenrating/27992-Eric_Weddle
Whilst Weddle didn't elevate his play to take the Chargers to a bowl he has performed at an elite level for the Chargers and Ravens and is now seeing out his career as a Ram. I reckon he should be Superstar at least.

Redskins/Vikings HB Adrian Peterson - 83ovr Normal
http://daddyleagues.com/maddenrating...drian_Peterson
Once upon a time the best running back in the league, part of the historic Madden 99 club and a record setter for Game Yards and Season Yards... and could maybe get into the top portion of career yards. There were Madden years that Peterson was un-tackle-able and would easy be an X-Factor.

To Clarify: This is a post about players who were rated very highly in previous Maddens and under the current system would not have regressed to Normal dev as they are in Madden 20.

Last edited by Mattanite; 10-01-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 06:51 AM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Ageing Veteran Superstar & X-Factor

You are mentioning guys, some of whom are WAY past their prime. They should be Xfactors in their day, but now it seems far fetched. The only person I could see is Fitz.
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-01-2019, 08:27 AM   #3
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
You are mentioning guys, some of whom are WAY past their prime. They should be Xfactors in their day, but now it seems far fetched. The only person I could see is Fitz.
That's the point of the post. You can't get dev regression in Madden 20, so under this system these players would have been Superstar and X-Factor many Maddens ago and kept it despite regressing in OVR.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:38 AM   #4

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
That's the point of the post. You can't get dev regression in Madden 20, so under this system these players would have been Superstar and X-Factor many Maddens ago and kept it despite regressing in OVR.

I see what you are saying, and I wish I had answer to their X factor theory. I have had guys on my team jump from Star, to Superstar, to X factor in a matter of 3 years with sub par numbers being posted. And you are right, they never lose it no matter how bad they do.

It will probably get put in next year if they dont scrap it.
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-01-2019, 11:29 AM   #5
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

This is what actually happens if you play a CFM long enough. So the our practice league runs for 12 seasons and you will have veterans in the 70s and low 80s with X-Factor and Superstar abilities (Adam Thielen or A.J. Green for instance).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 12:36 PM   #6

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
This is what actually happens if you play a CFM long enough. So the our practice league runs for 12 seasons and you will have veterans in the 70s and low 80s with X-Factor and Superstar abilities (Adam Thielen or A.J. Green for instance).

I had a 34 year old Bobby Wagner at 79ovr with his X factor still intact, with his protege at 81 with a Star build. Said protege was putting up double digit tackles, a handful of sacks and forced fumbles for the last few years. No increase in development pace, or anything. It's a head shaker for sure.
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 10-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #7
MVP

To clarify they lose their superstar abilities as they regress but are still xfactors. So that xfactor ability can kick in if they meet the requirements in a game. An old guy looked young again and tore it up for a game. Theoretically, i like that but the implementation in madden is so simplified. I agree with a.p. being one. He is a top 10 at his position ever.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:15 AM   #8
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
To clarify they lose their superstar abilities as they regress but are still xfactors. So that xfactor ability can kick in if they meet the requirements in a game. An old guy looked young again and tore it up for a game. Theoretically, i like that but the implementation in madden is so simplified. I agree with a.p. being one. He is a top 10 at his position ever.
The new ovr thresholds for superstar abilities of 70 and 80 mean that superstar veterans usually keep 1 ability even when they've regressed a lot.

Qbs having the new 60, 70 (80, 85 and 90) thresholds mean that superstar qbs keep abilities until they retire. Those mid 70s veterans can play above their rating!

Sent from my H3113 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »