Home

Do the sliders and player ratings cancel each other out?

This is a discussion on Do the sliders and player ratings cancel each other out? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Do the sliders and player ratings cancel each other out?

Had this thought the other day. If a QB has a low accuracy rating and you increase the QB accuracy slider to a point where the QB is completing a majority of his throws,doesn't that mean the slider cancels the rating? Why have ratings for the players accuracy,speed,coveragr etc if the sliders can be set to increase/decrease your/CPU playing ability and skill? This might sound crazy but what would Madden be like if say maybe in Madden 24,there were no player ratings,just more sliders that could be increaseed/decreased to make the game play to one's liking? EA's NHL series,while having ratings,I think relies on sliders mostly to deliver a mostly good simulation of ice hockey(once the sliders are adjusted accordingly). Yes,some of the players feel,move the same but overall,I wonder how Madden's gameplay would be affected by the removing of the players ratings? How do you all think Madden would play like without ratings,just sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #2
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Re: Do the sliders and player ratings cancel each other out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcsports4
Had this thought the other day. If a QB has a low accuracy rating and you increase the QB accuracy slider to a point where the QB is completing a majority of his throws,doesn't that mean the slider cancels the rating? Why have ratings for the players accuracy,speed,coveragr etc if the sliders can be set to increase/decrease your/CPU playing ability and skill? This might sound crazy but what would Madden be like if say maybe in Madden 24,there were no player ratings,just more sliders that could be increaseed/decreased to make the game play to one's liking? EA's NHL series,while having ratings,I think relies on sliders mostly to deliver a mostly good simulation of ice hockey(once the sliders are adjusted accordingly). Yes,some of the players feel,move the same but overall,I wonder how Madden's gameplay would be affected by the removing of the players ratings? How do you all think Madden would play like without ratings,just sliders?
Without ratings / traits / abilities every player plays exactly the same , why would you want that?

Sliders change things globally ( think of it changing how an "average" player would perform ) but offer no scope for any individuality or differentiation between players so playing against Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers would be identical to facing Lamar Jackson or Tim Tebow or even a team with a punter
playing QB

No thanks
Old 10-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #3
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Yeah I don't think you've really thought this one through enough.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 10-07-2019, 10:31 AM   #4
Pro

I honestly do not even know anymore. I crank sliders way up or way down and I swear I don't always feel the difference, especially when it comes to pass coverage.

I do wish EA could just make it so that the QB passing slider raises the QB accuracy by 10, 15, 20 or whatever the case may be.

That the hell if I know what the speed parity does. I know what it is SUPPOSED to do but again... I've created 99 SPD/ACC WRs just to see how the game responds and the DB always manages to keep up with him.

I give up... this is why I randomize my sliders. I'm sure there is a difference somewhere
Old 10-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I honestly do not even know anymore. I crank sliders way up or way down and I swear I don't always feel the difference, especially when it comes to pass coverage.

I do wish EA could just make it so that the QB passing slider raises the QB accuracy by 10, 15, 20 or whatever the case may be.

That the hell if I know what the speed parity does. I know what it is SUPPOSED to do but again... I've created 99 SPD/ACC WRs just to see how the game responds and the DB always manages to keep up with him.

I give up... this is why I randomize my sliders. I'm sure there is a difference somewhere
Maybe there should be a speed parity slider for offense and one for defense. I remember for NCAA 14 there was a skill setting option for each the offense and defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »