Home

CFM Salary Cap Broken?

This is a discussion on CFM Salary Cap Broken? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2019, 11:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CFM Salary Cap Broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
Yeah, it's messed up because it's accounting for future salary amounts without letting you see what your budget will be at for those future years. It was a problem last year too. I just turn the salary cap off and don't allow myself to go past the CPU's highest capped team (single player offline).
I have salary cap turned off and still am unable to resign players though.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
Question in the title.

In my CFM, I've been trying to resign some of my expiring contracts. I currently have $10 mill in cap space, but when I try to sign my guys for contracts far smaller than that, it says I am over the cap. So I thought maybe I have big contracts that jump up in cap hits, so I started trading some of my expiring contracts. $0 cap penalties on the trades, but now when I attempt to resign anyone else, it shows me that I'm even further over the cap that I was before.

I've also had other owners tell me it's impossible for them to resign any of their players, and they havent even making moves to destroy their cap.

So yea, are salary caps messed up this year?

The Cap situation will break a lot of franchises. The problem is they introduced more realistic ask prices which is a good thing but they did not give a realistic ways of dealing with our cap. We need options to front load and back load contracts along with options to restructure under performing players mid contract like teams do in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Old 10-15-2019, 12:12 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lacy
The Cap situation will break a lot of franchises. The problem is they introduced more realistic ask prices which is a good thing but they did not give a realistic ways of dealing with our cap. We need options to front load and back load contracts along with options to restructure under performing players mid contract like teams do in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I thought I read somewhere that in the NFL, you are not permitted to front load a contract... I know that NFL 2k had it and all. But as far as the real life aspect of it, front loading a contract really isn't beneficial to anyone. The team wants to backload contracts because they assume that the cap increases each year. Players don't worry much about front loading because that's what the signing bonus and guarantees are for.

But you are right... there needs to be a way to restructure so people like me don't cheat by editing contracts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2019, 12:13 PM   #12
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Adding the ability to restructure contracts would go a long way to making managing the cap more manageable. The official rosters that come out often put newly restructured deals in. We need to be able to do the same. Especially with high end qbs since they eat up so much of your cap and the hit is spread out evenly over the length of the contract. Seeing big name qbs constantly on the free agent market is just something you don't see that often and yet every year there's Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady etc.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #13
Rookie

cooper417's Arena

It's because when you are trying to resign players, it's going off of next year's cap space. Not your current year's cap space.
So, say it shows you have the $10 mil in space right now. That is for the current season.
Resigning for next season, would be that cap space available next year but it only shows the space you have in that screen when you are trying to resign a player.
You can go to the "Salaries" screen under your roster options, then look at who is making big money next season.
All the real life deals are made where players are restructured or cut and never complete those huge deals on the last season or 2.
I'm pretty sure when I simmed the 2019 season, there were multiple teams with negative cap space without resigning any players at all.

Jags, 49ers and some others were in cap trouble off the top of my head.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:02 AM   #14
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm with everyone else in that I think we need more realistic contract structuring options within franchise mode to help us with roster management.

That being said, I much prefer this Madden with respect to salary cap and contracts than previous Madden games.

I feel like I actually have to think before I re-sign somebody now. This also helps ensure the free agent pool has somewhat of a quality crop to pick from.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »