Home

What Does a Post-Launch Madden 21 Franchise Mode Update Look Like?

This is a discussion on What Does a Post-Launch Madden 21 Franchise Mode Update Look Like? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #17
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Scenario Engine Revisited by Deuce Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
Yeah that describes my situation exactly. Yanda had his own situation and another player came to me as well about winning one for Yanda.

Where the imbalance comes is this is an online 32 man CFM. I have to imagine you're supposed to get one +20 boost for the players side of the ball and one for the player and that's it, not supposed to stack the way it has.
I'm guessing a 32 user league looks like complete chaos. The trigger criteria for breakout scenarios (from what I've gathered) is so low that if you're playing any kind of substantial quarters/plays they should be triggering regularly.

But back to the playoff thing, scenarios feels a lot like drive goals when they were first implemented where all they are is a positive reinforcement/gratification mechanic designed for you to succeed and be rewarded (and put you at an advantage) and when those were first implemented you could be getting beat by 40 every week and your entire team would be at 99 confidence simply because of drive goals and that feels like what's kind of happening with that scenario.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:36 AM   #18
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I'm guessing a 32 user league looks like complete chaos. The trigger criteria for breakout scenarios (from what I've gathered) is so low that if you're playing any kind of substantial quarters/plays they should be triggering regularly.
Yea it's getting out of hand, in my 32 user franchise we are literally seeing at least 4 or 5 teams ON AVERAGE get a superstar breakout scenario each week. That's just from what I can tell by guys posting about getting them, there could be more that just aren't posting about getting them. Out of those 4 or 5 a week probably about 2-3 of them are completing them. At this rate by year 3 or 4 we might as well just be playing superstar KO, this has gotten way out of hand since the last update. If they don't do something about this quickly it's going to ruin our league.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2019, 07:53 PM   #19
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Scenario Engine Revisited by Deuce Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Yea it's getting out of hand, in my 32 user franchise we are literally seeing at least 4 or 5 teams ON AVERAGE get a superstar breakout scenario each week. That's just from what I can tell by guys posting about getting them, there could be more that just aren't posting about getting them. Out of those 4 or 5 a week probably about 2-3 of them are completing them. At this rate by year 3 or 4 we might as well just be playing superstar KO, this has gotten way out of hand since the last update. If they don't do something about this quickly it's going to ruin our league.

I’m passing this feedback along. In my current franchise I had one breakout scenario in my first 12 games and then in each of my last two I’ve triggered one. Then when I started a Raiders franchise from the Week 6 starting point they had three or four triggered when I started.

I love the idea of the Breakout Scenarios but with how easily and often nonsensically they trigger then the fact that DEV traits can no longer regress it’s too much. If the goals extended past one game they’d be a little more intriguing and it wouldn’t be as bad.

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 10-12-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:41 PM   #20
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I’m passing this feedback along. In my current franchise I had one breakout scenario in my first 12 games and then in each of my last two I’ve triggered one. Then when I started a Raiders franchise from the Week 6 starting point they had three or four triggered when I started.

I love the idea of the Breakout Scenarios but with how easily and often nonsensically they trigger then the fact that DEV traits can no longer regress it’s too much. If the goals extended past one game they’d be a little more intriguing but and it wouldn’t be as bad.
Yea hopefully something gets changed quickly. I just jumped in to another solo side franchise since I had some downtime from league games. Even in my solo franchise I was able to trigger 5 superstar breakout scenarios in 3 weeks just for my team. A lot of mine were I had 1 for my RB, 1 for a LB and 3 for different DBs. For the DBs as from what it looked like it just took 1 int to trigger it because for 3 straight weeks it triggered for a player I had a pick with the week before. If that's the case that is way too low of a criteria to be triggering a breakout scenario.

Even if they don't change it from one game goals to complete the scenario, at the very least they could make the requirements to trigger one much tougher. If it doesn't get remedied quickly it's going to really ruin the balance of 32 user leagues. The amount of superstar players in the league will be substantially increased with in just a couple of seasons to a level where we might as well be playing superstar KO mode.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #21
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Yea hopefully something gets changed quickly. I just jumped in to another solo side franchise since I had some downtime from league games. Even in my solo franchise I was able to trigger 5 superstar breakout scenarios in 3 weeks just for my team. A lot of mine were I had 1 for my RB, 1 for a LB and 3 for different DBs. For the DBs as from what it looked like it just took 1 int to trigger it because for 3 straight weeks it triggered for a player I had a pick with the week before. If that's the case that is way too low of a criteria to be triggering a breakout scenario.

Even if they don't change it from one game goals to complete the scenario, at the very least they could make the requirements to trigger one much tougher. If it doesn't get remedied quickly it's going to really ruin the balance of 32 user leagues. The amount of superstar players in the league will be substantially increased with in just a couple of seasons to a level where we might as well be playing superstar KO mode.

Yeah, from what I’ve gathered in some testing there’s tiers of criteria similar to how there’s tiers for the goals where for the defense it can take only one INT, sack, etc. to trigger but usually it’s been two or more which still isn’t anything crazy.

Offensively is where it often makes zero sense and I’ve seen a bunch of cases where receivers will trigger after something like a 3 catch, 31 yard game which is ironically right in line with the numbers that trigger frustrated player scenarios. Usually the common theme with the WR’s though has been a touchdown catch but there’s some weird outliers.

Then for running backs it seems like it’s based on carries more than anything and I’ve seen more than a few cases of a back having 14-17 carries for 50-60 yards and having the scenario trigger. Of the ones I’ve tracked there hasn’t been a single time where the scenario triggered following a 100 yard game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2019, 01:45 AM   #22
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Nothing about "benefit of the doubt" and nothing about EA. Tiburon misled no one.

No, I'm directly calling out the people who set themselves up for disappointment, because those people very clearly did not understanding the words that were written. Your disappointment based upon misplaced expectations is on you.

Even if they couldn't understand written words, there was even a freaking beta and the Scenario Engine was doing all the same things (high-level) it is doing now. Games can't and don't change much from beta to launch day. I can't possibly be the only one here who understands that, you all are all smart people too, and too many other AAA games have done betas now.
Wait, wait, wait, just hold up a second...

Is this NOT the same forum that was lambasting people AD NAUSEAM during the beta test "Don't judge this game based on the beta test. Wait until you purchase the finished product to do so"?

When people were criticizing this game for its lackluster SE during the beta, was it NOT the same Mike Young or Clint Oldenburg or whoever it was that was lambasting people AD NAUSEAM for "criticizing a beta before playing the finished product" on Twitter?

That's all there was! The VAST MAJORITY of people here and all over understood EXACTLY that things couldn't possibly change that much from beta to release day, yet the VAST MAJORITY of those on this very forum and the developers of Madden themselves were patronizing the hell out of all of them by saying "It's a BETA. Meaning it's an UNFINISHED PRODUCT. So don't knock it until you actually buy the finished product."

But NOW you're honestly, with (I can only imagine) a straight and determined face, trying to downplay yet another failure on EA's end to uphold their own promises while blaming the CONSUMER for buying into that mess? So the consumers — by all accounts — were idiots for criticizing a beta because it's an unfinished product and NOW they're idiots for believing that BS, buying the game anyway, and ultimately once again, left feeling misled and/or lied to?

I'll somewhat agree that their "disappointment based upon misplaced expectations" is partly on them after years of being taken advantage of by EA. I say that because I AM one of those people... but let's not get it twisted that the ENTIRE REASON they had misplaced expectations, to begin with, was due to EA/Tiburon/the devs/WHOEVER flat-out misleading and/or lying to them. Which boils down to YOU essentially trashing people for actually believing EA was being transparent in what they were preaching. God forbid they actually TRUST EA for once, amiright?

To Deuce:

'Preciate all the work you put in, mang. You're one of the reasons I still check in from time to time even during the years I decided to pass on buying the game. From the Franchise Rebuild, to the Deep-Dive into Sim stats, to this... it doesn't go unappreciated.

I don't really know how to put this without sounding like yet another person ragging on EA just to rag on them, but the stuff you pointed out here were things I was mostly worried about pre-launch and why I passed on buying it. I felt as if the SE would not be as in-depth as it was marketed to be, would overwhelmingly be "positive-heavy" w/ very minimal consequences, while the CPU controlled teams would feel none of these effects, leaving the user's team seemingly overpowered in most instances. Simply put, the SE at its core felt like a re-packaged "Weekly Goals" while the Morale system felt like a re-packaged "Confidence" rating.

Once again, the potential IS THERE but the finished product that was insinuated during beta falls well short and leaves a lot of the fanbase disappointed, to say the least.

Nevertheless, keep up the well-informed and thoughtful work.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:20 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

You need to look a the full picture - then I would agree it's a bit too much, but not that much.

Breakout scenarios from Normal to Star are quite achievable, even in H2H games. So they have the chance to jump 2-3 OVR and develop faster in future, but they are nowhere immediate 90+ players.
Even star players start regressing at 27/28 and won't develop any further. That gives them a window of maybe 4-5 seasons at max to develop, then regress.

Breakout to superstar or even xfactor are much tougher and I don't think every chance will be taken. In a user cfm with 32 teams it's not that easy to just throw 150 yards or 3 TDs to a certain player. It works sometimes, but usually not always. That gives a certain balance.

Of course it could use some tuning, but don't forget "Star" is the old "Normal" and nowhere automatic superstar with just one breakout.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #24
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Adding to that: star dev players really start to drag development-wise increasingly so in the 80+ OVR range. Their point thresholds are still relatively high, their accrual rate isn’t crazy like SS, and of course every player is on a clock age-wise. Unless you’re gaming salaries eventually you need to pay all these guys too.

I did finally see a SS to X-factor scenario. The goal was like 4 TDs or 200 yards. Didn’t come close. Even S to SS can be tough depending on position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »