Home

Getting Madden after a long time

This is a discussion on Getting Madden after a long time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Getting Madden after a long time

I've always been an NCAA player in the ps2 and ps3 days, and haven't played madden seriously in years. Being on PC is a huge appeal to me and I'm considering giving Madden a chance again. I would play primarily offline franchise mode. I enjoy just playing the games, and not spending TOO much time on player management, and franchise stuff. I've been away from Madden for multiple console generations so not sure how franchise even works in the newer games. Is the game worth getting for my style of gameplay? I hear about microtransactions and stuff, and wondering if that will ruin my enjoyment of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2019, 10:22 PM   #2
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Getting Madden after a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I've always been an NCAA player in the ps2 and ps3 days, and haven't played madden seriously in years. Being on PC is a huge appeal to me and I'm considering giving Madden a chance again. I would play primarily offline franchise mode. I enjoy just playing the games, and not spending TOO much time on player management, and franchise stuff. I've been away from Madden for multiple console generations so not sure how franchise even works in the newer games. Is the game worth getting for my style of gameplay? I hear about microtransactions and stuff, and wondering if that will ruin my enjoyment of the game.
Microtransactions aren't present in franchise mode so unless you plan on playing MUT, they won't ruin or even have any impact at all.

The vast majority of dealing with player management comes in the offseason but there are player negotiations that occur week-to-week throughout the season starting in week three. Also starting in week 3 is player scouting which is the other major player management task that you'll face and both of those and pretty much every activity can be set to Auto giving you the ability to control what you want to deal with and what you want the CPU to handle. Franchise mode is definitely built around your playstyle of going week-to-week and just focusing on the games. Pretty much everything has tips and directions the first time you do it so even being away for a long time, you should be able to pick up things pretty fast.
Old 10-12-2019, 10:28 PM   #3
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting Madden after a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
Well first off, in franchise mode you can select between a variety of options including pretty much the entire player management aspect set to auto. If you want, you can make it so you don't have to sign, resign, cut, scout, weekly training etc.

There's an option for everything to be on auto, manually or customized. If you set to "simple" (I think that's what its called, could be wrong) you just play the games. Exactly what you're looking for.

I am mainly an offline guy too, I play franchise and play now games. I'm loving this year's game so far honestly. Microtransactions have really no impact on enjoyment. If you wanna buy coins or packs for ultimate team to make your team better more quickly than grinding challenges, that's an option. But you do not have too and if you don't play ultimate team than you'll literally not have to deal with it.

So overall in my opinion, I think the game would be great for what you're looking for. You can just play the games and have some fun.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »