Home

EA/Tib Please Look at adding Coaches/Coordinators

This is a discussion on EA/Tib Please Look at adding Coaches/Coordinators within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
EA/Tib Please Look at adding Coaches/Coordinators

We have a 3-3 Cowboys team and an undefeated Patriots team in the NFL. Yet in Madden the Cowboys are the highest rated team at 89 and the Patriots are a solid 85.

If the Cowboys truly have all this talent that rates their team so high, and I doubt they do, then we need to have coaches which affect overalls and player performance so the team performances are better represented in game. Jason Garrett reminds me of Barry Switzer and Garrett is consistent at blowing games. 0-3 in 3 weeks, that is a problem in coaching and EA/Tib should see the importance of having coaches and coordinators in the game to replicate how a team can be affected by coaching.

If coaches are allowed to affect player performance, as in ratings, then instead of adjusting a bunch of ratings each week to show player performance, the adjustments showing team improvement can also be handled by adjusting coaching abilities. Thus, in theory, a team can improve or decline with a few simple adjustments to coaches as opposed to adjusting a bunch of players to represent the change in team success or lack of success.

So coaches would have the ability to raise and lower player ratings. Lowering or raising the coaches key abilities, position abilities, would in turn adjust the player ratings without actually adjusting the player's core ratings. Coaches would act as modifiers.

It's time EA/Tib. We need coaching in game.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-14-2019 at 09:26 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #2
MVP

Re: EA/Tib Please Look at adding Coaches/Coordinators

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
We have a 3-3 Cowboys team and an undefeated Patriots team in the NFL. Yet in Madden the Cowboys are the highest rated team at 89 and the Patriots are a solid 85.

If the Cowboys truly have all this talent that rates their team so high, and I doubt they do, then we need to have coaches which affect overalls and player performance so the team performances are better represented in game. Jason Garrett reminds me of Barry Switzer and Garrett is consistent at blowing games. 0-3 in 3 weeks, that is a problem in coaching and EA/Tib should see the importance of having coaches and coordinators in the game to replicate how a team can be affected by coaching.

If coaches are allowed to affect player performance, as in ratings, then instead of adjusting a bunch of ratings each week to show player performance, the adjustments showing team improvement can also be handled by adjusting coaching abilities. Thus, in theory, a team can improve or decline with a few simple adjustments to coaches as opposed to adjusting a bunch of players to represent the change in team success or lack of success.

So coaches would have the ability to raise and lower player ratings. Lowering or raising the coaches key abilities, position abilities, would in turn adjust the player ratings without actually adjusting the player's core ratings. Coaches would act as modifiers.

It's time EA/Tib. We need coaching in game.
As a diehard +40 year Cowboys fan, I completely agree with this. I do believe Dallas has a talented roster, but that does not always equate to a good team.

Bill Parcells took the Cowboys to the playoffs with a roster whereas almost no starter would be a starter on another NFL team. Coaching matters IRL and it should be reflected in franchise mode.

To take it a step further, if one decides to create himself as head coach, practice mode should take into account time spent in order to improve the team overall.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

This has been a top request from the franchise community for how long now?

Face it guys, EA is just gonna do what they want and use marketing BS to sell us on it. See: scenario engine
Old 10-14-2019, 10:49 AM   #4
Rookie

Crappy human will make a good roster play poorly, great human will make a bad roster play better. Think I’m good as is on this front.
Old 10-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #5
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Interesting. In my Dolphins franchise rebuild, after year 1 which the team was fairly competitive but lost most games.

I fired Flores and hired the top rated "not real person" head coach, and tweaked the offensive and defensive system players to match that head coaches system, and my team got noticeably WORSE, even though I have better players in year two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2019, 11:14 PM   #6
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

This will be another "feature" that is touted one day, when we all know it was in the game YEARS ago and removed for some unknown reason when the game moved to MORE powerful consoles. Never makes any sense......

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-15-2019, 12:01 PM   #7
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Me being a stuck record: In 32 user online sim leagues... you are the Coach and Coordinators and some guys turn good teams terrible and some guys take a bad team to the Superbowl.

But agree that without this team building vs team success is very shallow immersion wise.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

This has probably been one of the most requested franchise features for a while now. I know EA has said they want to do it, but when they do they want to include all real coordinators so they need to get the rights to them. Personally I think the community would even be happy with made up coordinators. That or ship the game with fake names for the coordinators but give us an editor so people can create a roster with the real coordinators.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »