Home

Was the old CFM Progression system in 16-18 better?

This is a discussion on Was the old CFM Progression system in 16-18 better? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
Rookie

DancyHercules3's Arena

OVR: 0
Was the old CFM Progression system in 16-18 better?

Not sure if Im alone on this or not but is not to think the old progression system was better? I feel like the old system was more realistic when it comes to progressing a player. Back then, you could have an MVP season and at the end of the season your player would get to a 90 overall no matter what he was better plus dev trait. But now, you basically get like a 3,4+ overall max and a boost in trait even after you win MVP and had an amazing season.

I can remember I had Geno Smith on the Chiefs in 16, he started off as an 76 overall and ended the season with a 90 cause I had a 55-16 year with him and he won MVP. Also noticed how after a good game, player got rewarded with a ton of XP and I was able to upgrade them to reflect on their play. Now that is not really how it is anymore.

Mariota just won MVP in Madden 20 for me and all he went from was a 79 to 82 without a single dev trait upgrade.

What do yall think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Was the old CFM Progression system in 16-18 better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancyHercules3
Not sure if Im alone on this or not but is not to think the old progression system was better? I feel like the old system was more realistic when it comes to progressing a player. Back then, you could have an MVP season and at the end of the season your player would get to a 90 overall no matter what he was better plus dev trait. But now, you basically get like a 3,4+ overall max and a boost in trait even after you win MVP and had an amazing season.

I can remember I had Geno Smith on the Chiefs in 16, he started off as an 76 overall and ended the season with a 90 cause I had a 55-16 year with him and he won MVP. Also noticed how after a good game, player got rewarded with a ton of XP and I was able to upgrade them to reflect on their play. Now that is not really how it is anymore.

Mariota just won MVP in Madden 20 for me and all he went from was a 79 to 82 without a single dev trait upgrade.

What do yall think?
I think you'll have 100 different points of view on this topic.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

I’m not sure I understand your position either?

The potential system of older generations is much more realistic and balanced than the XP system that we have now. It was scrapped, in part, due to the fact that a performance XP system encourages more user engagement. IE: Stat padding to break records.

Not trying to get too long winded here, but:

Realistically players train, practice, and study and THEN maybe their performance increases in the field. Madden has this logic backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #4
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Yep! I hate the Xp progression, I much preferred the potential progression.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:31 PM   #5
Rookie

I like the current XP system, but I think they should have where if you win MVP maybe you automatically get 4 points to spend, Offensive/defensive players of the year get 3 points and position players get 2 point and the other 9 players get 1 point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2019, 04:49 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

No, the logic is flawed. Your RB is 84 ovr lets say. You then rush for 2000 yards. Why should he go up to an 90 ovr? So he can rush for 2500 yards next year?
Old 10-16-2019, 06:08 PM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBreaker35
I’m not sure I understand your position either?

The potential system of older generations is much more realistic and balanced than the XP system that we have now. It was scrapped, in part, due to the fact that a performance XP system encourages more user engagement. IE: Stat padding to break records.

Not trying to get too long winded here, but:

Realistically players train, practice, and study and THEN maybe their performance increases in the field. Madden has this logic backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I couldn't agree more with that last statement, I would give anything to get rid of the current xp system.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2019, 06:53 PM   #8
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Progression has been busted since the last time they had potential, in Madden 12, and even then it wasn't a dynamic system and had many flaws.
If you're on PC and can utilize Tdawg's progression system with excel, do it. He (progression mod) and Sabo (gameplay mod) have single handedly made franchise fun and unpredictable again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »