Home

THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS

This is a discussion on THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2019, 05:36 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS

Anyone discussing a game that has disappointed them more than 2 years in a row have bigger problems than a disappointing video game, whether they get it for free or not.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #58
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Anyone discussing a game that has disappointed them more than 2 years in a row have bigger problems than a disappointing video game, whether they get it for free or not.
JayHawker with the helpful posts, as usual.

/s
Old 10-19-2019, 10:11 PM   #59
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

If you're getting Madden with Origin Premier, it's not free. It's part of the subscription you bought.
Old 10-19-2019, 10:32 PM   #60
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I do wish they gave us the option to play OOTB on PC if we wanted, since we paid for the game and all. Not even with just EA but everyone.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-19-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 01:17 AM   #61
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I don't understand how this is still a topic for conversation.

MUT makes money, Franchise Mode does not. Therefore, MUT gets more attention, whilst Franchise Mode gets less.

This isn't an EA or Madden issue. That's just the way that capatalism works.

People are out here expecting a company to invest their money into something that doesn't bring a satisfactory return. You don't become a multi-million dollar company, and one of the leaders in the market, by misallocating resources like that.

Please stop insisting that EA should ignore the way that business works just to please you, an individual who doesn't give them as much money as other people do.
Your argument has one major flaw. MUT only brings in money if a person first purchases the game.

What brings someone to purchase a spirts game? Gameplay is obviously number 1, but I’d wager quite a few people make their decision based in some part on franchise mode.

So saying franchise mode does not make money is incorrect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 01:26 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
They definitely have separate teams. The MUT team was/is responsible for the Superstar KO mode. There's the gameplay team. There's a franchise team and they're likely scrambling to get the new X-factors function in franchise mode without something breaking.
This brings me to a distinction I normally don’t bother making, but it’s worthwhile making it here I think.
(Deuce I’m sure you’re aware of this so it’s not directed at you, just feel like it fits this part of the thread)

There is a difference between developer and designer. Clint is a designer, I suspect none of us could name a single developer.

It’s been my belief for some time that Madden simply does not have good developers, and I also suspect that the best they do have gets placed on teams other than franchise mode.

If it’s relevant I am a professional software developer. This is my field.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:14 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't get it. Those of you who hate this game year after year, see no improvements, and are consistently frustrated, why buy the game?

I mean if it's so bad then just don't buy it? Call of Duty started becoming the same thing for me every year and I got sick of it so I just stopped buying it. If it's really THAT bad, then don't give them your money.

You're not gonna stick it to them by buying their game and then telling them how bad it is. It's the same concept as Hollywood blockbusters that are meant to sell tickets. They could give a **** if the movie is bad, as long as it makes money.

Anyways
Old 10-20-2019, 02:56 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I didn't buy Madden. It actually came free with some Origin Premier.

And "cry" about it. Now that's a real mature comment on someone's legit criticisms.

I see Shiz liked your comment. I'm not surprised. Sounds like you subscribe to the "if you purchase Madden you aren't allowed to criticize and if you criticize then you shouldn't have purchased it".

It's kind of flawed circular logic.
Can you read? I'm literally telling people to criticise more, not to stop criticising.

If you don't like the game, complaining about on an online forum won't achieve anything. You have to make more of a statement buy refusing to buy the game. EA won't listen to you until you stop giving them your money.

It's unbelievable that I've had to explain this so many times in this thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »