Home

THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS

This is a discussion on THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2019, 03:08 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Your argument has one major flaw. MUT only brings in money if a person first purchases the game.

What brings someone to purchase a spirts game? Gameplay is obviously number 1, but I’d wager quite a few people make their decision based in some part on franchise mode.

So saying franchise mode does not make money is incorrect.
Well its obviously incorrect when taken literally and at face value. People who play franchise mode have obviously purchased the game already. I'm trusting people to make the appropriate assumptions and inferences about my statements. Something you've apparently failed to do.

To be more specific, MUT continues to make money for EA post-purchase, whilst franchise mode does not. Also, the higher priced editions of the game come with rewards centered around MUT and online play, rather than franchise mode. This would be another way in which MUT makes money that franchise mode does not. Hope that clears things up!

With regards to gameplay, I'm sure there are online users who do care about gameplay. However, online gameplay is always so different from the real life sport (in the majority of sports games) that gameplay tends to matter less to online, and particularly MUT, users. The focus of franchise mode for most is sim gameplay. The focus of MUT for most is building an overpowered team and smashing people online with glitch plays. Gameplay doesn't really matter if that's the goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 03:54 AM   #66
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I am not gonna say boycott ect.. because it been said since the 360 era,but with that being said the writing is on the wall and EA isn't hold accountable enough.Take away x factor and tell me what did they really improved gameplay wise that will make this a must buy? I am scared for madden for next Gen gameplay the Devs oops my bad I mean the higher ups main priority is MUT and that only.The Beta is tricks you into buying the game and then find out they can't even fix zone coverage,cpu running,ai,slider overhaul,and most of all the madden too easy on pro and too hard on All madden delima.
This was clear when they removed defensive holding.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 03:57 AM   #67
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
It's not an issue of online versus offline. It is an issue of user vs user against user versus ai. The ai is just so far behind 2019.
To be fair, ai for a football game is no easy task.

On the other hand, there are many, many other things they could be doing to improve the single player experience, many of which they've done before in Franchise mode.

For example, instead of a menial text game, they could add immersion such as training camp, half time shows, weekly wrap up shows, connected stat tracking in connected franchise, commentary that remembers what's going on in the season and what happened in the previous ones (such as pointing out how many MVPs your 2022 rookie has had by 2030, or who the number one defense in the year is), coordinators, and so on.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #68
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Can you read? I'm literally telling people to criticise more, not to stop criticising.
Hypocrisy, thy name continues to be Mackrel829:

Quote:
Please stop insisting that EA should ignore the way that business works just to please you, an individual who doesn't give them as much money as other people do.
Criticize more, but don't dare insist anything, because your opinion is only as valuable as what you spend on micro-transactions.

Quote:
However, it's ridiculous to assume that making a fuss about it on a forum is going to have more of an impact than simply withholding my business.
Criticize more, but don't dare make a fuss.

Quote:
At no point have I told you that you're not allowed to share your opinion, simply that doing so won't achieve what you want it to achieve. If anything, insisting that a company produces a game that suits your tastes specifically is a far greater imposition of freedom of speech and creativity than anything that I have suggested.
Criticize more, but you're wasting your time and at the same time suppressing someone else's freedom of speech by doing so.

Quote:
Then I'll refer you back to my previous comment about the best way in which to topple that monopoly.

I'll give you a hint... It's not buy Madden every year and then cry about how bad it is.
Criticize more, but don't, and I'm going to criticize you for criticizing.

So to answer the question in that initial quote, I think we can all read what you're saying.

Last edited by TheOncomingStorm; 10-20-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-20-2019, 09:51 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
To be fair, ai for a football game is no easy task.

On the other hand, there are many, many other things they could be doing to improve the single player experience, many of which they've done before in Franchise mode.

For example, instead of a menial text game, they could add immersion such as training camp, half time shows, weekly wrap up shows, connected stat tracking in connected franchise, commentary that remembers what's going on in the season and what happened in the previous ones (such as pointing out how many MVPs your 2022 rookie has had by 2030, or who the number one defense in the year is), coordinators, and so on.
I do not disagree with any of this but when they do not have the ai for any of the cpu teams to use it to their advantage it only gives humans a bigger advantage.

Last edited by timhere1970; 10-20-2019 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-20-2019, 11:54 AM   #70
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOncomingStorm
If you're getting Madden with Origin Premier, it's not free. It's part of the subscription you bought.

I didn't specifically pay for Madden. In that sense it was a surprise as I didn't intend to but it. It came with the Origin Premier.
Old 10-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Can you read? I'm literally telling people to criticise more, not to stop criticising.

If you don't like the game, complaining about on an online forum won't achieve anything. You have to make more of a statement buy refusing to buy the game. EA won't listen to you until you stop giving them your money.

It's unbelievable that I've had to explain this so many times in this thread.

Forums are one of many tools. Legitimate criticisms are not complaints, they are legitimate criticisms. I say use ALL tools to get the message across. EA does look at forums along with other forms of social media.

You're giving partially bad advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 02:12 PM   #72
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

They do a lot of questionable things that seem pretty unnecessary. Like with the removal of game speed this year, they told us it was for the better, yet we have all the same issues as before and then some when playing at this speed. Moves like this are what really loses my trust in this company. Trying to advertise X Factors as a Franchise feature when it’s clearly more beneficial for the arcade style of gameplay is another nerve racking thing to me imo.

But right now, sports gaming in general seems to be at it’s lowest quality. Madden, NBA2K and FIFA (excluding WWE2K due to the mass exodus of Yukes) are all struggling with putting out quality day 1 releases now.

I definitely made a mistake in buying this game early. There’s no point in getting the game during the season. I’ve bought the last 3 Madden’s at the end of the season once they hit $15 or less which seems to be more worth it’s value, esp since the game isn’t actually finished until late in the year anyway now days. But there’s no real reason to get it next year if they don’t actually add Franchise features we’ve actually been asking for next year. This 3 year streak of buying Madden has actually been my longest since the PS2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »