Home

Should we be concerned about next GEN??

This is a discussion on Should we be concerned about next GEN?? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Should we be concerned about next GEN??

The sad scary about this is next Gen!
We have to give EA a pass first two years because The madden defenders are gonna come out the bushes and say give them time to learn the new consoles,then year three we will get a 5yr goal promise and after that year after year very small improvements (rinse&repeat) for the next Gen after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 11:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Should we be concerned about next GEN??

You can choose to be worried, but I’d recommend getting an additional hobby or at least broadening your video game horizons. If however you are hitching your hopes and aspirations to next gen Madden being the apex of all your gaming experiences, than yes, be extremely worried.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
The sad scary about this is next Gen!
We have to give EA a pass first two years because The madden defenders are gonna come out the bushes and say give them time to learn the new consoles,then year three we will get a 5yr goal promise and after that year after year very small improvements (rinse&repeat) for the next Gen after.
To be fair, the madden defenders crowd you refer to seems to be getting smaller and smaller. But as long as we choose to continue the cycle of whine about the game, then anticipate next year's game, then get excited when they release the game, then while about the game and on and on, well, I don't really know what to say.

Side note: why the heck is 2k sports not getting back into the football arena? Dust off APF 2k8, put in a franchise mode and your non-license game would be very successful
Old 10-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I wouldn't be concerned about anything when it comes to video games on next gen. Will Madden be any good? Maybe, mediocre probably more likely. In regards to anything with the EA logo on it you should already know what to expect. I've learned to keep my expectations very low when it involves this company in general.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #5
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

I will be fine as long as they continue the PC release

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2019, 01:56 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I can't worry or concern myself with things that are out of my control, I have enough real life stuff to worry about. lol
Old 10-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Am I the only one thinking that in this generation we shouldn't expect much difference other than graphics? Aren't all of the consoles now based off the same code as it is? The newer consoles will have more features but it's not like it's a new instruction set or an entire new coding language so why should we expect a drop off now? Every feature should be available in the next gen that is available now. The only reason to cut them any slack is if the new consoles run on entirely new hardware that they need to learn or if the decide to start from scratch and re-write it from the ground up to fix and improve the game. That's not going to happen.

So.....am I missing something? Why should they get a pass on the next gen version for a few years now that hardware is practically the same?
Old 10-18-2019, 02:00 PM   #8
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm over here still balling on the 360 waiting for a football game worthy of updating my console lol

Sent from my SM-J727V using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »