Home

THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS

This is a discussion on THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS

I am not gonna say boycott ect.. because it been said since the 360 era,but with that being said the writing is on the wall and EA isn't hold accountable enough.Take away x factor and tell me what did they really improved gameplay wise that will make this a must buy? I am scared for madden for next Gen gameplay the Devs oops my bad I mean the higher ups main priority is MUT and that only.The Beta is tricks you into buying the game and then find out they can't even fix zone coverage,cpu running,ai,slider overhaul,and most of all the madden too easy on pro and too hard on All madden delima.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #2
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: THIS COMPANY TURNED THEIR BACKS ON US OFFLINE USERS

Not just offline, but online sim players as well. It is a joke. The game plays like an arcade mess.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 10-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

all sports games are like this 2K is way worse u can only play 3 modes offline fran blacktop and play now

1 thing i am looking forward about next gen is the abily to pick and choose what u want to download its gonna be funny once EA finds out 15% of their customers dont play mut and athoter 15 play for just a week
Old 10-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #4

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
all sports games are like this 2K is way worse u can only play 3 modes offline fran blacktop and play now

1 thing i am looking forward about next gen is the abily to pick and choose what u want to download its gonna be funny once EA finds out 15% of their customers dont play mut and athoter 15 play for just a week
This is incredibly false and a blatantly tone deaf statement to make.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #5
Banned

TheOncomingStorm's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
its gonna be funny once EA finds out 15% of their customers dont play mut and athoter 15 play for just a week
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This is incredibly false and a blatantly tone deaf statement to make.
And even if it were true (it's not), that still means EA would have 70% of players frequently using MUT.

Any studio would kill to have 70% of their target demo consistently using a monetized card collection mode.

EA wouldn't find that funny. They would find it a major success. Perhaps even so successful they do find it a little funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 09:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 0

It's not an issue of online versus offline. It is an issue of user vs user against user versus ai. The ai is just so far behind 2019.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:15 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

I don't understand how this is still a topic for conversation.

MUT makes money, Franchise Mode does not. Therefore, MUT gets more attention, whilst Franchise Mode gets less.

This isn't an EA or Madden issue. That's just the way that capatalism works.

People are out here expecting a company to invest their money into something that doesn't bring a satisfactory return. You don't become a multi-million dollar company, and one of the leaders in the market, by misallocating resources like that.

Please stop insisting that EA should ignore the way that business works just to please you, an individual who doesn't give them as much money as other people do.
Old 10-18-2019, 03:06 AM   #8
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I don't understand how this is still a topic for conversation.

MUT makes money, Franchise Mode does not. Therefore, MUT gets more attention, whilst Franchise Mode gets less.

This isn't an EA or Madden issue. That's just the way that capatalism works.

People are out here expecting a company to invest their money into something that doesn't bring a satisfactory return. You don't become a multi-million dollar company, and one of the leaders in the market, by misallocating resources like that.

Please stop insisting that EA should ignore the way that business works just to please you, an individual who doesn't give them as much money as other people do.
Good a.i. is pretty important in a sports game imo. If Madden is going to put a franchise mode in it and advertise it on the back of the box and/or hype it in blogs then it should not be unexpected that customers will assume it will work properly and that the a.i. will atleast have decent management skills. Poor a.i. and problematic modes are Madden issues they need to address whether it makes them money or not because not everyone who buys the game only plays MUT and they know this. MUT is simply one part of a game which advertises many other modes..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »