Home

How do you guys run your franchise team

This is a discussion on How do you guys run your franchise team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2019, 12:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
How do you guys run your franchise team

Do you always run the default schemes they run and their playbooks or do you go with the schemes you prefer and the playbooks and style you like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 12:56 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How do you guys run your franchise team

First year I leave everything at default.

In the off-season I switch my team to my preferred schemes and playbooks
Old 10-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I take over a crap team as coach. Sim the first year, get fired, take over another team and start building it my way being able to go through the off-season before starting.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Do you always run the default schemes they run and their playbooks or do you go with the schemes you prefer and the playbooks and style you like.
I adjust it as I go. I don’t have a set play style I can run multiple play styles effectively with the right team. I usually base it off my offensive playmakers for the offensive scheme. For example in my franchise I had Dak running a west coast spread then with the 2th first round pick we got a superstar X factor qb 76 overall field general. So we traded dak for picks and changed the scheme to a vertical zone run in which I work on the defense with the run then go for first downs with the qb. Mixing it up of course, but that’s the general concept.

I changed my defense year three to a 46 style because I got an 85 overall dt in free agency, and my defensive captain is a 95 overall 25 year old. So I adapted the defense to my strength and we became the best defense in the league using the 46 scheme.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #5
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

My own scheme and playbooks. Multiple Zone run/4-3 under schemes and balanced/multiple playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 06:43 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
My own scheme and playbooks. Multiple Zone run/4-3 under schemes and balanced/multiple playbooks.
Do you play as the Jets as well? I tried to like their new playbook but just can’t. So I am considering mid season switching to the run heavy and 4-3 defense.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

If I'm playing a normal Franchise I just play with the default playbook and scheme. If it's more of a rebuild situation, I'll choose scheme based on key players on the team I can build around and choose a scheme to best suit them. If there are literally no players to build around than I'd work towards my preferred scheme and use preferred playbook.

At the moment I'm playing a Fantasy Draft franchise. I drafted players for my preferred scheme. Oakland Raiders, West Coast Power Run and Tampa 2 Defense. Have 88% offensive and 100% defensive scheme fit. Only thing keeping me from 100% on offense is not enough Route Running WR's.

Fantasy drafts are perfect if you want a great scheme fit of your preferred scheme from the start. A lot of fun too

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by Rye; 10-20-2019 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye
If I'm playing a normal Franchise I just play with the default playbook and scheme. If it's more of a rebuild situation, I'll choose scheme based on key players on the team I can build around and choose a scheme to best suit them. If there are literally no players to build around than I'd work towards my preferred scheme and use preferred playbook.

At the moment I'm playing a Fantasy Draft franchise. I drafted players for my preferred scheme. Oakland Raiders, West Coast Power Run and Tampa 2 Defense. Have 88% offensive and 100% defensive scheme fit. Only thing keeping me from 100% on offense is not enough Route Running WR's.

Fantasy drafts are perfect if you want a great scheme fit of your preferred scheme from the start. A lot of fun too

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app
I did the same thing and built a defensive scheme that’s pretty ****ing dominant. It’s a lot of fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »