Home

Someone Please explain the logic of the low rated offense linemen

This is a discussion on Someone Please explain the logic of the low rated offense linemen within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Someone Please explain the logic of the low rated offense linemen

I agree the ratings are appropriate for existing players.

But then for the generated draft classes you have a ton of guys who can step right in available on late rounds. When you can consistently draft a guy in the 4th-6th round rated higher (65-70) than current backup/developmental guys, it kinda throws that balance off.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:53 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2

Thanks to all for response and ideas. I will try to look at it with a different attitude. You all made some great points. I still feel the OL needs more love and are under rated,, BUT, that's just me.

It is what it is.... I still think we need a global editor though.. It would solve some many issues in the game for those that have different ideas of how we think...
Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 PM   #19
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
Thanks to all for response and ideas. I will try to look at it with a different attitude. You all made some great points. I still feel the OL needs more love and are under rated,, BUT, that's just me.

It is what it is.... I still think we need a global editor though.. It would solve some many issues in the game for those that have different ideas of how we think...
There definitively needs to be a quick editor like NBA2K has for those that aren't on PC, that would at least help speed up the process for console. Great discussion in here.

Playing:
Old 10-22-2019, 12:45 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickson
I agree the ratings are appropriate for existing players.

But then for the generated draft classes you have a ton of guys who can step right in available on late rounds. When you can consistently draft a guy in the 4th-6th round rated higher (65-70) than current backup/developmental guys, it kinda throws that balance off.
Keep in mind that there’s an enforced Pass Rush/Block Shed “time delays” imposed on defenders, that also increases as Difficulty level is increased.

Arcade is the only Play Style that doesn’t impose them, as the reason why it’s so easy to User Pass Rush/Shed on that style, even on AM.

Also, get off the OVR’s as determining how good a player is/will be.
99% of the 70’s OVR rated players are “fluffed” by the AWR rating, but if you look at the OL POS ratings, their block ratings may be terrible, as in low 60’s sometimes.

If you see an OL with STR in 70’s, even with good Pass/Run block ratings, “stay away”, as he will not hold his block long enough to do anything because as “Delta” increases between the STR vs STR in one direction, so does the boost given.

One thing folks don’t think about is that with higher rated players, the degree of difficulty/challenge imposed on the User is greatly diminished because it makes gameplay easier, especially against the AI.

Higher ratings for...
Blocking = more time to pass and/or longer lasting open run lanes
WR/TE = greater separation, easier to catch the ball
Passing = easier to pass (basically a button press)
etc, etc, etc....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C17D8DF8-9B5E-46AF-B8AD-452F6E0842F0.jpg (337.6 KB, 80 views)
Old 10-22-2019, 03:36 AM   #21
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

I'm fine with it. There is a significant change IRL between starter and backup OL.

The three year backup should not be someone who's going to start in his fourth year. Something that applies to most positions.

As to backup HBs with decent ratings being available, that also seems OK. If you look at those though, you'll find most are very one dimensional.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 07:53 AM   #22
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

I actually love this change. It makes team building a thing. In previous Madden's, it made no difference at all if your starters left or not because you could just sign any free agent in the seventies or eighties to fill in without noticing a difference. There should be a noticeable difference between starters and backups.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

i have np with it as long as it is consistent at all positions, which i feel it isnt
Old 10-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #24
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

As noted above - lower ratings, or an increase in ratings differentiation between offense and defensive players, or good and bad players, allows better players to stand out.

Lower ratings was an easy adjustment to making a more aggressive pass rush standard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »