Home

Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward

This is a discussion on Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2019, 10:51 PM   #9
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward

I will say this. Stock EA current roster update in CFM with Titans vs Pats...I was completely stoned. All madden competitive mode with IG and OPI off. It was nuts. They didn’t run it up hard on me. Game ended 23-3. Pats completely took my air game away. Gilmore was Hot for a bit of it so I literally had to scheme and change personnel to optimize AJ brown away from him. I felt like Sam Darnold. Henry did what he could. 60 yards and a TD with about 45 receiving. Great game that was frustrating as it would be in real life. No penalties but then again those aren’t Done right to begin with so to each their own. If you want penalties put the coaching on aggressive and they will false start and hold.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:18 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I will say this. Stock EA current roster update in CFM with Titans vs Pats...I was completely stoned. All madden competitive mode with IG and OPI off. It was nuts. They didn’t run it up hard on me. Game ended 23-3. Pats completely took my air game away. Gilmore was Hot for a bit of it so I literally had to scheme and change personnel to optimize AJ brown away from him. I felt like Sam Darnold. Henry did what he could. 60 yards and a TD with about 45 receiving. Great game that was frustrating as it would be in real life. No penalties but then again those aren’t Done right to begin with so to each their own. If you want penalties put the coaching on aggressive and they will false start and hold.
Do you recall what the CMP % was for both sides?
Old 10-24-2019, 07:26 AM   #11
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
I have always found the better gameplay on competitive, just have to accept that there will be no penalties called.
Penalties are hardly called anyway. Holding is called and sometimes you'll get a facemask or block in the back, have also seen a couple of illegal man down field penalties so I guess it's a little better but not nearly enough penalties.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 07:29 AM   #12
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Last year I did alot of testing with main menu set to competitive and cfm set to sim. It played the best games of Madden I have ever played against the cpu but this year I have been mostly helping a buddy test his setup so I haven't tried it yet on madden 20. Last year it resulted in the competitive mode gameplay but you still got penalties called. This brings back memories so now I have to test it this year. I will try to upload some footage I captured last year.

SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~
Old 10-24-2019, 07:33 AM   #13
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Competitive/Sim mode Madden 19
https://youtu.be/RabjGlvid-k
https://youtu.be/F24Yd5DwNCk
https://youtu.be/yMZUN3VsbXo
https://youtu.be/_OWnajlcUzc

Last edited by Koosa1027; 10-24-2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:39 AM   #14
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

I had more of the cpu pass coverage and run game but for some reason I can't find the vids. They might be on my old youtube page

~Koosa1027~
Old 10-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #15
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Raider
Do you recall what the CMP % was for both sides?
I dont remember the exact numbers but I know mine was pretty nasty. Like low 50% and thats being generous. Mariota...or maybe me...were seeing ghosts lmao. Brady didnt have great numbers. Even with the adjustment he made to my coverage I was holding him to high 60%. Before I made adjustments though he was slaying intermediate routes on me. Its almost like my MLB wasnt sinking deep enough. But Edelman tends to make you play that way so I had to shake it up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #16
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

This is interesting. I’ll be willing to give this a whirl if somebody can confirm penalties are called. If you adjust penalty sliders will they be called? Or is competitive mode strictly no penalties?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »