Home

Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward

This is a discussion on Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 “Sim”/Competitive Mindset going forward

I have been experimenting with rookie sliders in simulation mode. I started out with all human at zero and all cpu at 100 with speed threshold at 100. I can get a realistic pass rush while using defensive linemen which is how I like to play.. The sliders seem a lot more responsive at this level. I have been able to make the accuracy and pass coverage the best I have been able to on both sides of the ball. What I have not been able to do is compensate for the speed, agility and acceleration boosts you get as a user. Any open field running is overpowered. I have been living with this by not controlling my running back, not controlling my receivers after the catch and I rarely run with my quarterback anyway. I also do not do returns as those are super easy. I am enjoying it for now as I have not been able to self rush the passer Realistically in years.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:45 AM   #34
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

If you guys REALLY want your mind blown...go to edit player in MM and look at the tendencies. Make note of the categories and what not. Then go into CFM and look at the player tendencies in edit player again...so MUCH more categories and examples of EA working against itself to get the game right. To expect on “sim” mode for the CPU to get all of this crosspath information right and the millisecond needed to perform it...we sim crowd are asking an aweful lot from a mass production company that prefers online competitive communities and cost saving production schemes. Heck, the US govt can’t even get simple internet to work properly across a mesh network so why would EA put forth that kind of effort. Until they scrap a whole ton of unnecessary things or reboot this title we are stuck in this.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:48 AM   #35
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I have been experimenting with rookie sliders in simulation mode. I started out with all human at zero and all cpu at 100 with speed threshold at 100. I can get a realistic pass rush while using defensive linemen which is how I like to play.. The sliders seem a lot more responsive at this level. I have been able to make the accuracy and pass coverage the best I have been able to on both sides of the ball. What I have not been able to do is compensate for the speed, agility and acceleration boosts you get as a user. Any open field running is overpowered. I have been living with this by not controlling my running back, not controlling my receivers after the catch and I rarely run with my quarterback anyway. I also do not do returns as those are super easy. I am enjoying it for now as I have not been able to self rush the passer Realistically in years.
To further your point, in some dev diary or whatever a few years back...developer says the game is always produced and tuned at the pro or all pro setting and of course competitive. All tunes and patches are derived on that setting so take that for what it’s worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2019, 11:50 AM   #36
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Playmaker (user) who unfortunately doesn’t come here anymore...was a big endorser of creating sliders based on pro for this reason. He has been doing it since the early NCAA days. Give those a shot?
Old 10-25-2019, 01:26 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Playmaker (user) who unfortunately doesn’t come here anymore...was a big endorser of creating sliders based on pro for this reason. He has been doing it since the early NCAA days. Give those a shot?
I believe a couple of Madden's ago they said it was tuned on all pro. It doesn't matter what they tune it on though I just want a slider to make as much difference as possible and I think that happens on rookie. It has problems outside of game though such as your team being better in simmed games also.

Last edited by timhere1970; 10-25-2019 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Auto correct sucksde
Old 10-25-2019, 01:33 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
If you guys REALLY want your mind blown...go to edit player in MM and look at the tendencies. Make note of the categories and Qwhat not. Then go into CFM and look at the player tendencies in edit player again...so MUCH more categories and examples of EA working against itself to get the game right. To expect on “sim” mode for the CPU to get all of this crosspath information right and the millisecond needed to perform it...we sim crowd are asking an aweful lot from a mass production company that prefers online competitive communities and cost saving production schemes. Heck, the US govt can’t even get simple internet to work properly across a mesh network so why would EA put forth that kind of effort. Until they scrap a whole ton of unnecessary things or reboot this title we are stuck in this.
I have been looking at tendencies quite a bit. The QB tendencies make a difference in how they make decisions. The big hitter one also plays out. Where I get confused is the uses finesse/power moves. I have edited all my players to yes if the move is 75 or higher but only played one game and didn't see a difference. How can a pass rusher not have these tendencies if they matter and they are not dynamic.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #39
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

High level, I've grown to hate the word 'sim,' because many in the community now use it interchangeably with 'fair.' And reality isn't fair.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 10-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #40
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye
Yeah I'm loving competitive after the game I just had. Just as background, I'm in a offline franchise with Jacksonville. Playing All Madden Sim 10 minute quarters. I was 8-0 with the 6th ranked offense and 2nd ranked defense.

I decided after some great games on comp in other modes to try it in my franchise because why not. So I put it on Competitive, still All Madden of course and I actually lost. Not only lost but I couldn't even score a TD. The CPU played soooo much smarter, it's like they actually know where to attack your defense. No constant dump off throws or quick checkdowns, CPU was slinging it. There was a total of 2 penalties and a minor injury in the game too. Player was only out for not even quarter but I was surprised to see flags and an injury on competitive.

Here's some stats and what not. I was a strictly Sim player.. but I'm more and more convinced competitive plays great. If you haven't tried competitive, at least give it a shot. I'm glad I did.Attachment 171074Attachment 171075Attachment 171076

Sent from my LG-D850 using Operation Sports mobile app
Niiiice!!! Stats look good...was this straight competitive with it being set to competitive in main menu and cfm menu?

~Koosa1027~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »